ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can bank statements be printed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattDell

Can bank statements be printed?

Post by MattDell » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 pm

My bank is a major bank, but does not have any locations near me. Can I print off the statements from online if they have the bank logo on each page?

Or do I have to ask the bank to print out the originals?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:17 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:23 pm

I still do not understand.

My bank is an online bank and delivers my statements electronically. When I ask them to send me hard copies, they tell me all that they would do is print off what I have access to online and charge me $120 ($10 per statement month).

The statements all have the bank's logo on the top. Is this the same thing as a bank's "stamp"?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:34 pm

MattDell, your queries give the impression that you have not read through the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance. Suggest that you do so, as it will clear up most of your doubts and help you understand what documentary evidences are required, and in what format.

regards

hoping_for_HSMP

Re: Can bank statements be printed?

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:48 pm

MattDell wrote:My bank is a major bank, but does not have any locations near me. Can I print off the statements from online if they have the bank logo on each page?
No...

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:MattDell, your queries give the impression that you have not read through the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance. Suggest that you do so, as it will clear up most of your doubts and help you understand what documentary evidences are required, and in what format.

regards
Sorry if that is the impression given. I have read over the policy guideline, but I still find the language confusing.

Here is what the policy guideline says about bank statements:
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).
First sentence: Ok, the bank needs to provide a supplement letter stating the validity of the online statements.
Second sentence: Oh, but wait, that letter isn't necessary if the online statement has the official stamp of the bank on every page of the online statement.

So what do they mean by stamp? Because if it's just the logo of the bank, I read that as I can print out the statements as long as the bank's logo is on each page.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:19 pm

A stamp is just that, a rubber stamp which is pressed in ink then applied to the paper.

Your bank's logo is not a stamp.

Also, don't take any risks on such matters, many people have been refused for not exactly meeting ther requirements in regards to bank statements.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 pm

Thank you for the explanation. Believe me, I don't want to risk it.

But I don't understand how an online bank could stamp my electronic statements. It's not as if I can walk into the bank and have them stamp the documents for me.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 pm

You could phone them and request stamped statements, which they then send to you.

You won't get anywhere arguing the point with UKBA or anyone else, if you don't meet the requirements your visa will be refused.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 am

Seems that given your situation, your best course of action for an online bank is to get them to supply the letter mentioned in the first sentence. I had to have my bank rubber stamp each page of some printed statements that I used to fill in gaps where I no longer had the originals available. My bank does not do this or offer this service. I was refused by a few people when I asked. However, by going to several branches I was able to find a cashier willing to listen to me and help me out by stamping the pages she herself printed from their system. If you are persistent you can usually find someone to help you.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 am

If it is a proper online bank and the bank has no branches, then print it off as per the guidance. BUT, if your bank has branches then get proper statements from them.

Generally the immigration officers are aware which banks in the area they are dealing with are electronic only and which ones are not.

You say that you are dealing with a big bank, so it really sounds like they can print statements on headed paper.

$120 to pay for statements should be nothing compared to the big move you want to make.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Thank you for the advice. I called my bank again and spoke with a different person. This time, they knew what to give me and didn't suggest that I simply "print them off online."

I'm glad I called back. Thanks again!