ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discreationary leave to remain, switch to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunju1
Newly Registered

Discreationary leave to remain, switch to spouse visa

Post by sunju1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi
I have been granted Discreationary leave to remain based on my family life in U.K under Article 8. I and my wife came to U.K in 2002. I was married since I am in U.K and was dependent of a student. As my wife was on student visa later she qualified for registration as a British Citizen as changes to Nationality Law in 2009. Due to some problem my application for FLR(M) rejected and later DLR granted for 3 years.

Now I want to travel to Delhi, India and would like to change my status for spouse visa. In the view of above please advise me:

1. Sould I go back to country of origin to change my status or apply for another extension after 3 years then ILR after 6 years. Which route is more advisable?

2.If I want to make settlement application under spouse visa , what all documents do I need?

3. If I make my application before 29th Nov. to VHF Center in Delhi, does english language requirement applies to me?

Regard

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:11 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunju1
Newly Registered

Post by sunju1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks Vinny for quick response. Any idea how long the entire process take in Delhi?

Any other advise or suggestion I should be aware if I go and make my application in Delhi?

Kind Regards

patience7

Post by patience7 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Vinny

I am too in a similar situation - I am wondering whether my spouse should switch current DLR status to spousal visa abroad or wait till current DLR finishes then do another 3 year DLR. Basically I am wondering which will be quicker - changing status abroad or waiting for the second DLR after first DLR is up.