ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP as student - sufficient funds req

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niksapa
Newly Registered

EEA FP as student - sufficient funds req

Post by niksapa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi there,

me and my girlfriend are planning to get married soon abroad and then apply for an eea family permit. As I am a student here in the UK, being an EU national I basically qualify (+ the much discussed insurance cover...).

Now I only find the part of the directive 4(3) and 4(4) somewhat unclear.
(4) For the purposes of paragraphs (1)(c) and (d) and paragraphs (2) and (3), the resources of the person concerned and, where applicable, any family members, are to be regarded as sufficient if they exceed the maximum level of resources which a United Kingdom national and his family members may possess if he is to become eligible for social assistance under the United Kingdom benefit system.
As far as I understand I am supposed to have enough funds so I would not qualify for any benefits? I mean, I have savings and my girlfriend as well and I do temporary work or rather casual with an agency. At least we consider the funds we have together as sufficient because we are both gonna start working here next year. Our savings would even last about a year without working (with obviously no high standard of living...). But I doubt that the HO would consider it sufficient.

Can anybody state specific numbers as to what one is supposed to have as savings? I have been looking in this forum for information on a case like mine but I haven't been successful. I would really appreciate if somebody could advise me on this.

Another thing is proving that our marriage won't be one of convenience. I mean we have proof of our relationship with photos and emails and some phone records (which I have found out only can be dated back 30 days with my current provider...so I am starting to save them now myself). Would it be a problem if shortly after the marriage we would apply for the eea fp considering we provide proof of an ongoing relationship?
Thank you very much!

edit:

I have just found this: http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights ... ents.shtml

Can anybody confirm that a declaration to the Secretary of State, in which I state I have sufficient resources and will not take recourse to public funds, would be enough for the eea fp application? So no documentary evidence at all needed as its written there?

niksapa
Newly Registered

Post by niksapa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:27 pm

could anyone please advise me on this? what documents would you recommend to submit? until now we were planning to submit the following:

- cover letter (mine and my wifes each of them clearly referring to the sections in the eea regulations)
- several people who write a letter confirming that we have been in a relationship over the past years
- several photographs
- emails
- phone call history of the past 5 months
- application form of course
- enrolment certificate
- insurance cover policy
- marriage certificate of course
- declaration as asked for in provision 4(1)(d)(iii)
- a copy of my passport (eu) endorsed by the respective consulate

i am still quite hesitant as to whether i should submit my bank statements and she hers. I have also been doing temporary work via an agency. should i mention that or leave it?
I'd really appreciate your help