ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T-1G early extension for self, not for dependants, possible?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

need_a_tier1

T-1G early extension for self, not for dependants, possible?

Post by need_a_tier1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 am

I plan to go for an early extension of my Tier-1 visa which runs out in Oct 2011.

I am planning to go for an early extension in Jan 2011, which will give me additional two years either from Jan 2011 or from Oct 2011 (I'm feeling lucky case)

However, I will complete my five years of continous stay in UK when my present visa runs out. My visa expiry date and five years of stay end date is the same, so in thoery I do not need an extension and should go for ILR directly.

I am pursuing a new employment opportunity and the employers need atleast 2 years on my visa to recruit me.

I will apply for ILR anyway, but I will need to get an extension if I need the job.

My wife's and kid's T1 dependant visa also runs out as the same time as me they will also apply for ILR same time as me. My family is with me in the UK.

I need to know that:

- Can I just apply the early extension for myself (the primary applicant) and leave the dependants as is.
- Will their visas (which expire in Oct 2011) still be valid if I get an early extension visa which is valid from Jan 2011.
- Will there be any breach for immigration rules/laws if I do not extend dependants visa. Will this affect their ILR.

Life would have been a lot more easier if UKBA would have given the extension from Oct 2011 onwards (the visa expiry date for the present visa), but looks like they are not doing it anymore and giving the extension from the date of application.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:50 pm

I have edited my original post from last month and have tried to rephrase my question.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 am

Should be okay.

regards

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 am

sushdmehta wrote:Should be okay.

regards
Thanks. Actually, I had the understanding that the dependants visa is always linked to the primary applicant's visa in some manner - like if the primary applicant leaves the UK, then the dependants have to leave.

So, when I extend only my Tier-1 (primary applicant's) then my exiting visa will be cancelled (as discussed in some recent forum posts about having only one valid visa on the passport), so will the dependant's visa (which was linked to my cancelled visa) still be valid?
Last edited by need_a_tier1 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:54 am

In your case, dependant(s) of a Tier 1 (General) migrant will still remain dependant(s) of an (existing) Tier 1 (General) migrant even if the migrant (only) applies for extension. So there shouldn't be an issue.

If in doubt, double-check with UKBA.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am

sushdmehta wrote:In your case, dependant(s) of a Tier 1 (General) migrant will still remain dependant(s) of an (existing) Tier 1 (General) migrant even if the migrant (only) applies for extension. So there shouldn't be an issue.

If in doubt, double-check with UKBA.

regards
Thanks. Sure, I will send an email to them.