ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of curiosity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jev
Newly Registered

Out of curiosity

Post by jev » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi there

I was just reading through the postings and came across on one of the recent topics titled “Home Office Queue system” and to quote a sentence “Dawie, my understanding is that the UK has signed up to an EU convention, and subject to what follows, not to deport people after they have been in the UK at least 10 years.”

Just curious to the meaning of that statement…. Is there any truth to it?

Now my actual question… I wanted to know… if someone sent an application (student) almost a year ago for an extension and they were hoping to get an extra 4mths to finish off their work… when the H.O. do return it, what are they going to stamp in it? …i.e. 28 days…. 1 year?

Also out of curiosity…. If it was denied… can the person make an application to apply for something else….say… another student visa…. as a dependant, Long residency etc or was the visa void on the date it was expired? I dont think its fair since they kept it for so long, but hey. Im just thinking a bit further now...getting too deep into it now :o)

THANKS!!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Just curious to the meaning of that statement…. Is there any truth to it?
Yes there is, as explained in 1.1 of this IND document.

You applied for an extra four months a year ago but have not yet heard? Suggest you contact your MP immediately.

Not sure about the answer to your question ... a strange circumstance.
John