ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

:P I got Tier(1) Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markjoshi

:P I got Tier(1) Visa

Post by markjoshi » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi,
I would like to thank the moderators of this site for all the advice and answers. I got tier 1 visa last week.

Here are few things that you guys can learn from me:
1. Q employment+self employment goes to further check-
Ans- Wrong. My was employment plus self emplyment it didnt go to further check it was not straight forward application yet i got reply same day.

2. QInterview is quick and they require documents mentioned in guidence?
Ans- Wrong. Im a immigration lawyer and believe me, in my 3 hour interview after 40minutes they asked me documents ,which are not mentioned in rules.
LESSSON- Be prepared.

Now, if there is any one who got rejected or someone who plans to apply , feel free to write and ask me questions in this thread. I would reply as soon as I can .

Mark Joshi

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:06 pm

they asked me documents ,which are not mentioned in rules.
may i please ask what documents did they ask you which are not mentioned in the rule book ? so that we can be prepared and from where did u apply for it
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:24 am

Did you go for a inperson interview ?
what is the process for going for in-person interview ?
As far as we know, the quota got filled on Nov 10th and you seem to have got your visa after that. what is the process for this ?

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 am

Where was your application made? Was this Tier 1 initial visa or extension?

markjoshi

hi

Post by markjoshi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 am

1. im already in uk so quota didnt apply to me
2. i applied for tier 1 initial
3. i did it in sheffiled....try to get some other center as sheffiled has become horrible with only centre to do further check with every case...almost every not in my case.....croydon is best

4. addtional odcuments included summary of work i did for companies on paper..

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Although my application was not for self-employed, it has gone for further consideration.

I have claimed points based on previous earnings from my role as the employed director of a company in which I am also a shareholder beside a few others.

I hope to get the visa before the Christams holiday. It will be quite annoying if I cannot have my passport back in time to go and see my family.