ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years ILR: correct calculation of time etc.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zebrudaya

14 years ILR: correct calculation of time etc.

Post by Zebrudaya » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:52 am

Dear colleagues

Please I need your help. I have trawled the website but I did not see a similar post, hence this request. I entered the UK legally on 1st December 1998. I believe I will qualify for ILR based on the 14 years rule in 2012. Please I want somebody especially the Gurus, moderators and senior members to calculate for me the month/year when I complete my 14 years ( legal + illegal stay).

This is important because I hear that if it was wrong, the person stands the chance of losing his money and might even be removed right away.

Thank you for a quick reply.

chorc123

Re: 14 years ILR: correct calculation of time etc.

Post by chorc123 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Zebrudaya wrote:Dear colleagues

Please I need your help. I have trawled the website but I did not see a similar post, hence this request. I entered the UK legally on 1st December 1998. I believe I will qualify for ILR based on the 14 years rule in 2012. Please I want somebody especially the Gurus, moderators and senior members to calculate for me the month/year when I complete my 14 years ( legal + illegal stay).

This is important because I hear that if it was wrong, the person stands the chance of losing his money and might even be removed right away.

Thank you for a quick reply.
The answer is December 2012 and you can apply one month before that.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:12 pm

It's 14 years by the calendar, unless you've had a notice served on you which "stops the clock".
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Dear chorc123 and avjones

Thank you for your replies. I am very grateful.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Please prepare any 14 year application VERY carefully, with as much evidence as you possibly can. Lots of these are refused.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Dear avjones

Thank you for your advice. I am preparing my documents already.