ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form EU1 Section 3 'Current Activity of EU Citizen In State'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Delaine

Form EU1 Section 3 'Current Activity of EU Citizen In State'

Post by Delaine » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:17 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know, what I should write on Form in the above section, if I am a Jobseeker? There isnt a 'Jobseeker' category.. and I definitely wont have a job immediately upon arrival in Ireland.

Is it best to wait until I (hopefully) get a job before putting in this application? But then if so, what about my husband? He is non-EU but it wont be much fun for us if he has to wait for me to submit this application before he can even get permission to work.

If Ive got this right:- I can get PPS number as soon as I arrive in Ireland and look for work, but he cannot do that? and as he cant get PPS or Stamp 4 immediately he wont in fact be able to start looking for work as soon as we arrive? Im hoping thats not the case, but I bet it is..

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Form EU1 Section 3 'Current Activity of EU Citizen In St

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:35 am

Delaine wrote:Does anyone know, what I should write on Form in the above section, if I am a Jobseeker? There isnt a 'Jobseeker' category.. and I definitely wont have a job immediately upon arrival in Ireland.
Write "resident for less than three months". Expect to send in proof of exercising a Treaty right nearer the six months.
Delaine wrote:Is it best to wait until I (hopefully) get a job before putting in this application? But then if so, what about my husband? He is non-EU but it wont be much fun for us if he has to wait for me to submit this application before he can even get permission to work.
He doesn't need permission to work if he has a right to work.
Delaine wrote:If Ive got this right:- I can get PPS number as soon as I arrive in Ireland and look for work, but he cannot do that?
No, he can too.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Delaine

Post by Delaine » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 am

Thank you so much, Ben. A couple more questions if you dont mind..

Can I ask - we plan to register with the Garda, and then go to apply for the PPS number: could the PPS department refuse to give him the number as no sign of Stamp 4 in his passport, is that a usual situation? or can we just say we are exercising treaty rights, show our ID and proof of registration with Garda and that should be enough?

Thinking about it, what you've said makes perfect sense - its not the Stamp itself that gives him permission, its the exercising of the treaty rights! But if its anything like the Government bods who drive you mad over here, I suspect they might not listen. Although I will definetely point that out his 'right to work' to them if there is any issue and hopefully we'll be fine but still, just wanted to know whether there could be a possible problem re. no Stamp 4 as yet. And then again - would an employer hire if there is no Stamp 4 in his passport, I wonder..

Just in case we are faced with Government bods who say 'no Stamp 4 no PPS number' then, could he claim benefits for a short time until he finds work/his passport is returned with Stamp 4? wouldnt want to do that at all but, he would sign off as soon as work arrives. Sitting around waiting for documents and being unable to work whilst doing that (thats all saying he gets a job!) would cause us a big problem. Better if 2 of us working.

Thanks.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Delaine wrote:Thank you so much, Ben. A couple more questions if you dont mind..

Can I ask - we plan to register with the Garda, and then go to apply for the PPS number: could the PPS department refuse to give him the number as no sign of Stamp 4 in his passport, is that a usual situation? or can we just say we are exercising treaty rights, show our ID and proof of registration with Garda and that should be enough?
No need nor facility to register with the Gardaí until the DoJ approve your husband's application for a Residence Card.

In the mean time, you and he may and should apply for a PPS number.

CitizensInformation.ie (Personal Public Service Number) wrote:In order to receive a number, you will need to fill out an application form and provide proof of your identity.

If you are Irish, you will need to produce the following documents:

* The long version of your birth certificate

And

* Photographic ID, such as your passport or driving licence

And

* Evidence of your address, such as a household bill in your name.

If you are not Irish, you will need to produce the following documents:

* Your passport or national identity card

Or

* Your Immigration Card

And

* Evidence of your address, such as a household bill (ESB, telephone, gas, etc.) in your name.
Delaine wrote:Just in case we are faced with Government bods who say 'no Stamp 4 no PPS number' then, could he claim benefits for a short time until he finds work/his passport is returned with Stamp 4?
Not unless an Irish national would be so entitled to claim. In any case, a PPS number should be issued without quibble if the rules above are followed.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Delaine

Post by Delaine » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 am

Thanks Ben, appreciated.