ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card received, seperating, end of relationship

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nao123
Newly Registered

Residence Card received, seperating, end of relationship

Post by nao123 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 am

Hello,

I'm finding it really hard to find any information on this topic. Without going into too many details this is basically my question.

My partner is a resident of England and I am not (unmarried same sex common law couple). After 3 years living with my partner and the long EE2 application process (and all the stress that comes with it) my partner and I are considering separating temporarily. I got my residence card in September. We are in no means ending the relationship, but will be temporarily at different households. My questions is how this will effect my application for permanent residence in the future. Ie. if we are living apart from 3 months to 6 months? Will we not be able to get the permanent application? No kids involved, thank god.

If we break up at the end of the separation, I assume I will lose my card and have to leave the UK. How do we inform the UKBA of this change if it happens?

Thank you for any help - some solid advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.