ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to UK to have a baby

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lew242
Newly Registered

Going to UK to have a baby

Post by lew242 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:55 am

I hope someone can guide me.

I am a British Citizen. My wife is Chinese. We have already had one child in China. My wife has a five year Family Visitor visa for the UK already. We have no plans for my wife to claim UK settlement. We want to have our second child in the UK and we want to plan to enter the UK when my wife is pregnant to have the child in the UK. Firstly to get around Chinese one-child policy and also so our second child is a completely British national.

I realize that in some ways this is recourse to public funds which is contradictory to my wife's visa. At the same time the fact that I'm British means that the unborn child would always have the right to be British at any time in their life.

Would we be treated for free under the NHS using my name and national insurance number, need to pay a substantial cost or covered under private health insurance?

Many Thanks

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:09 am

Be aware that different airlines have restrictions on letting pregnant females on their flights.
You may be spending 3 months in the UK