ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor timeline

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malsuk
Newly Registered

Family Visitor timeline

Post by malsuk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi,

I hold T1-G visa.
I would like to bring my mother as family visitor. She has visited us once from Feb 2010 to June 2010 and stayed for 4 months. I would like to apply for 2 year visa so that she can enter multiple times without applying each time. But my visa expires in Nov 2011. Will that be a problem.
Will it be refused? or
Will we be granted with a short term visa say 6 months? or
till the period my visa holds valid?

I heard that 1-year visa has been removed recently.
Thanks in advance.

-Mals

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visitor timeline

Post by Rozen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 pm

malsuk wrote:Hi,

I hold T1-G visa.
I would like to bring my mother as family visitor. She has visited us once from Feb 2010 to June 2010 and stayed for 4 months. I would like to apply for 2 year visa so that she can enter multiple times without applying each time. But my visa expires in Nov 2011. Will that be a problem.
Will it be refused? or
Will we be granted with a short term visa say 6 months? or
till the period my visa holds valid?

I heard that 1-year visa has been removed recently.
Thanks in advance.

-Mals
I doubt that your mother would be granted a family visitor visa beyond the expiry of your own UK residence permit.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Actually it is possible. One of my family members got visa that extended 2 years past the end of my HSMP (it was a couple of years ago).