ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor license supporting documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered

Sponsor license supporting documents

Post by cita » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi, my company is a private limited company and is going to apply for Sponsor licence and is at the stage of collecting supporting document. One thing seems a bit confusion from guidance on homeoffice website.

1, in guidance
Mandatory documents
Certain documents are always required. We call these 'mandatory documents'. These are shown in list A of Appendix A of the full policy guidance. We will refuse your application if you do not provide the appropriate mandatory documents.

Primary documents with exceptions
The documents in list B of Appendix A of the full policy guidance are required (mandatory) for certain types of organisation in certain sectors. We will refuse your application if you do not provide the appropriate mandatory documents.
So my understanding is that documents in section A must be provided. However, in Appendix A, it states:
If the organisation applying for a sponsor licence is one listed alongside, a minimum of four documents, as described below, must be
provided: •The primary documents from List B applicable to the type of
organisation; and/or •Any of the documents from List C that the organisation is able to provide. This should bring the total number of
documents to be provided to a minumum of 4
My understanding after reading this bit and also considerting section A is blank, that my company only needs 1 x from list B and 3 x from list C.

Please can anyone has experience give me a sure answer? Many thanks![/quote]

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm

If any of the items in the mandatory list relate to your business (such as annual accounts) then you must provide them. If there is something in the mandatory list which is not relevant (such as governing body registration for instance) then you don't have to provide it.

You have to provide an absolute minimum 4 documents - usually one or two mandatory, maybe one primary plus a couple of secondary. Normally the 4 docs in theory becomes 5 or 6 in practice (for instance if you're a well established company then the VAT certificate must be accompanied by the latest VAT return printed from the net and certified - so that's 2 documents).

Sup

Re: Sponsor license supporting documents

Post by Sup » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 pm

cita wrote:Hi, my company is a private limited company and is going to apply for Sponsor licence and is at the stage of collecting supporting document. One thing seems a bit confusion from guidance on homeoffice website.

1, in guidance
Mandatory documents
Certain documents are always required. We call these 'mandatory documents'. These are shown in list A of Appendix A of the full policy guidance. We will refuse your application if you do not provide the appropriate mandatory documents.

Primary documents with exceptions
The documents in list B of Appendix A of the full policy guidance are required (mandatory) for certain types of organisation in certain sectors. We will refuse your application if you do not provide the appropriate mandatory documents.
So my understanding is that documents in section A must be provided. However, in Appendix A, it states:
If the organisation applying for a sponsor licence is one listed alongside, a minimum of four documents, as described below, must be
provided: •The primary documents from List B applicable to the type of
organisation; and/or •Any of the documents from List C that the organisation is able to provide. This should bring the total number of
documents to be provided to a minumum of 4
My understanding after reading this bit and also considerting section A is blank, that my company only needs 1 x from list B and 3 x from list C.

Please can anyone has experience give me a sure answer? Many thanks!
[/quote]

Hi Cita

I hope your employer has got License now!
Could you share some information here as my Employer need to apply soon for me so I can be ready in time? Did you went through solicitor?

thanks

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 pm

You should be warned that the UKBA sponsor licensing team seems intent on refusing any application they possibly can, based on technicalities. I would always advise your company provides 5 or 6 support documents because they always seem to find fault with one of the documents. Where a document is not an original it MUST be certified by a solicitor (including a date of the certification).

Also, some things are listed separately but only count as a 'tick' if they are combined. For instance, if they provide their VAT registration certificate they must also provide their most recent VAT return. This is a bloody nuisance, partly because it's not clear at all from the notes, but also because most companies put in their VAT returns online so there is no paper original. Despite this UKBA demand that the company gets their solicitor to certify a paper printout from the HMRC website (which, from experience, is an awful website which doesn't work well).