ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum salary needed for ILR for spouse and 2 dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Um Nofa
Newly Registered

Minimum salary needed for ILR for spouse and 2 dependents

Post by Um Nofa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 am

hello,

Does anyone have any idea what the minimum income is for supporting a family without recourse to public funds?
I am the sole earner ( c.£29,000pa), my spouse looks after our 2 young children full time.
We also have 2 other children ( his children,my step children also on settlement visa) who are secondary school age.

We pay cheap rent in cheap area, don't have a car, don't smoke and are not particularly into spending money on nights out etc....I also own a small flat in the capital which I get a small income from so we do have some capital but we don't use it as yet. We are getting by and have no intention of applying for benefits post ILR but will the visa people see it that way?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.