ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant visa refusal based on insufficient funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surekha thadi
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant visa refusal based on insufficient funds

Post by surekha thadi » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:51 am

Hi

My husband has applied for a dependant visa last week and got his visa back this week and unfortunately it was a refusal. We showed £1390 (1 lakh in indian rupees) in FD and on the refusal letter it says we have to show £1600, and hence refused. But I the main applicant have lived in the UK for more than 12 months, since 2005 when I was a student. I am currently on Tier 1 General which was extended in Dec 2009-Jan 2013. Before that I was on HSMP. So, we applied on the basis £800+£533. But it did not work.
We now have the right to appeal, but it will take 6 to 9 months it seems. So is it any good to reapply for the dependant visa, and if we show a joint account of £1600 for last 3 months, is that going to be enough?

Please help.

Regards
Surekha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:30 pm

If you are resident in the UK, then the reason for refusal is wrong as the maintenance funds you needed to show were 800+533 pounds.

If the FD was in your / joint name(s) with spouse and a letter from bank confirming ability to withdraw entire sum in FD was submitted along with application, IMHO, the decision should be overturned on appeal. If you appeal and provide clear explanation(s) of the facts, it is likely that the decision may be overturned by the reviewing ECM at the local BHC itselfitself (should take about 6-8 weeks).

Alternatively, you can always apply again.

regards

SuzMark
Newly Registered

Post by SuzMark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi Surekha

Just read your post..what is the status now ? Have you reapplied or gone in for an admin review? Also does the 800 pounds have to be in main applicant account or can it be in the dependents account as well ?