ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naruto08
Newly Registered

EEA family permit refused

Post by naruto08 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 am

My application for an EEA family permit (unmarried partner) has been denied. The decision was made a day after I passed all of the requirements.

These are what i passed:
1. my passport
2. copy of my EEA partner's passport endorsed by her embassy
3. a JOINT bank certificate showing only 545 pounds in it
4. certificate of car registration under our names
5. certificate of car insurance under our names
6. letter from my mother stating that me and my partner are the ones residing in her rented studio-type apartment (the lease of contract was under her name since me and my partner do not have a checking account to pay for the rentals)
7. proof of billings under my partner's name bearing the address of the studio-type unit stated above
8. my transcript of records from my previous school bearing the address of the studio-type unit stated above
9. our old passports showing our joint trip to Macau
10. 2 sets od ID's showing that we live at the same address
11. a lot of pictures (2001 - present)

THE DECISION:
you have shown no evidence that you and your partner have been in a relationship akin to a marriage for the last 2 years. None of the documents you have provided show you to be living at... (address of the studio type unit) along with your EEA national partner. your bank document is only showing as june 2009 and november 2010 and has only 545 pounds in it.

i therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because i am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 8 of the immigration (EEA) regulations 2006 and paragraph 295A (i/v/vi) of HC395 (Immigration rules)

QUESTIONS:
1. Can i make an appeal?
2. If they don't require financial statements, why did they include our bank document in their decision?
3. what do they mean by durable relationship?
4. is marriage the best solution to this problem?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: EEA family permit refused

Post by Plum70 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 am

naruto08 wrote: 4. is marriage the best solution to this problem?
If your r/ship is for the long term (which it appears to be), and you both are comfortable making it 'official', then marriage will definitely simplify things.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA family permit refused

Post by 86ti » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 am

Plum70 wrote:
naruto08 wrote: 4. is marriage the best solution to this problem?
If your r/ship is for the long term (which it appears to be), and you both are comfortable making it 'official', then marriage will definitely simplify things.
But keep in mind that they still will want to be satisfied that this will not be a marriage of convenience.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:01 am

Indeed.

naruto08
Newly Registered

Post by naruto08 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 pm

do we have grounds to make an appeal?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.