ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 and EEA2 maintenance funds requirements?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abraCadabra

EEA1 and EEA2 maintenance funds requirements?

Post by abraCadabra » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello everybody,

Me and my EEA husband will apply for EEA2 and EEA1 respectively in a few months, but one thing is really bothering us:

Are there any financial requirements for him (or us?) Is there any minimum amount than he must have each month on his bank account? (like for Tier applications?) If yes, what is the amount and where can I check this information?

The thing is that he is employed full time, but the salary is low, so we cannot save at this point...

I would appreciate any information. Thanks!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm

There is no fixed amount. Applications must be dealt with individually. The key is 'not to become a burden on the social assistance system'.
Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 8(4) wrote:Member States may not lay down a fixed amount which they regard as "sufficient resources", but they must take into account the personal situation of the person concerned. In all cases this amount shall not be higher than the threshold below which nationals of the host Member State become eligible for social assistance, or, where this criterion is not applicable, higher than the minimum social security pension paid by the host Member State.
Some member states do have such a threshold which may be for instance around 700 Euro net for a couple and month. This number probably does not have any meaning for the UK but maybe it gives you some idea how to assess your financial situation. I do not know what the minimum social security pension would be or if such a number would be used at all.

You may also want to have a look into Chapter 12 of the ECIS and maybe there are hints in the other chapters.