ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding accommodation proof for visiting parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Query regarding accommodation proof for visiting parents

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife live in a 1 bed room house thats been rented. Im planning to invite my parents to UK on a family visitor visa by sponsoring there visit.

Can you guys please let me know if its mandatory to have a 2 bedroom house to prove ECO that there is sufficient space for family visitors to stay?

Will there be a problem if i send only the house agreement copy, letter from landlord confirming she is fine with parents vist and stay followed by council bill ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:54 pm

There is a good chance that your parents application maybe refused because 1 bedroom would not be enough unless you have another spare room ( excluding bath/Spam but does not neccesarily have to a bedroom) where your parents may be able to sleep.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:08 pm

thanks,

the only separate room is the hall where 2 people can sleep
moreover my tenancy agreement does not have the house details like area, number of rooms etc.

is it that ECO will be able to find out the area by referring to council bill ?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:47 am

Where are your parents going to sleep when they come to stay?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Is that a question to ask ?
Ofcourse parents are gonna sleep in the bedroom and me and my wife sleeping in hall which is bigger