ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed please!which visa to apply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ekokuk
Newly Registered

advice needed please!which visa to apply

Post by ekokuk » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Hello,
I need an advise please. I have been reading through all topics and messages posted but could not find an answer for myself, my situation does not fall within any of those been answered.

I am Turkish citizen, married to British citizen, we live in Cyprus and have 5 year old daughter who is born in here and got British birt certificate and passport. We got married in the UK 6 years ago and came back to Cyprus as we own a business here and settled here. My husband is not living in the UK for more than 12 years, we travel together on holidays etc..my question is, now we are planning to come and live in the UK. We will come for a month holiday in July next year and look around houses to rent, and in the meantime we will start our own business.
I do not fall into marriage visa - I dont think - because I am not coming to England to get married, or to join my husband, we will come together and he is not living there.
Which visa should I apply? When I get normal visa to visit and stay there for a month then maybe if we find a nice place to rent to live permanently, can I change my visa to settlement visa while I am in England or not?

Thank you,
Ebru

hopeless2009
Newly Registered

Re: advice needed please!which visa to apply

Post by hopeless2009 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:03 pm

ekokuk wrote:Hello,
I need an advise please. I have been reading through all topics and messages posted but could not find an answer for myself, my situation does not fall within any of those been answered.

I am Turkish citizen, married to British citizen, we live in Cyprus and have 5 year old daughter who is born in here and got British birt certificate and passport. We got married in the UK 6 years ago and came back to Cyprus as we own a business here and settled here. My husband is not living in the UK for more than 12 years, we travel together on holidays etc..my question is, now we are planning to come and live in the UK. We will come for a month holiday in July next year and look around houses to rent, and in the meantime we will start our own business.
I do not fall into marriage visa - I dont think - because I am not coming to England to get married, or to join my husband, we will come together and he is not living there.
Which visa should I apply? When I get normal visa to visit and stay there for a month then maybe if we find a nice place to rent to live permanently, can I change my visa to settlement visa while I am in England or not?

Thank you,
Ebru
Have a look a this
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses.You may potentially qualify for indefinite leave to enter if you have spent at least 4 years of your married life outside the uk subject to the english language test provision. Hope this helps