ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to apply for BC , What will happen to my dependants

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bammu

Planning to apply for BC , What will happen to my dependants

Post by bammu » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 pm

All,

I got an ILR in June 2010. My Wife & Kid were in India that time so they got ILR dependant visa with reference to my passport to enter UK. Now i am planning to apply for Citizenship in June 2011. After that i have to surrender my Indian passport . Then what will happen to My wife and Son's ILR dependant Visa . Will they become BC dependant automatically or same visa will continue or Do i need to reapply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:37 pm

Their leave remains unaffected after you are granted British citizenship.

They may apply for SET(M) no sooner than 28 days prior to the 2nd anniversary of her initial entry on the spouse visa and before their visa expires.

Subsequently, your wife may apply for naturalisation and your child may apply for registration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bammu

Post by bammu » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:10 am

Hi Vinny

Thanks of the reply. Can my son ( He is less than 18 yrs ) apply For naturalization along with me. Is he eligible.

vinny

Re: Citizenship Query

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:20 am

bammu wrote:Hi all,

I would like to know the answers for the following questions..Please help me

Right now Me My wife and My son holding ILR both my wife and my son got it very recently that is last month and I got my ILR on Jun 2009

When my son and wife are eligible to apply for naturalisation ..I.m planning to apply for my citizenship next month if I got one will they eligible under 3 year residentil requirement or still under 5 years residential requirement...My wife came in UK around 2006 as my wok permit dependent and went to india for delivery on 2009 and came back yo UK on 2011 on ILR Spouse visa so after spending 24 months in UK they got ILR last month.

My wife is going for delivery to india by next month ..My son also joining her..What will be the visa status for my secong kid if he/she born in inida I think it should be ILE as both the parents hold ILR

Incase I applied for nauralistioan and got british passport Shall I directly apply for British passport for my child in India.else if I get it after child birth what will be the visa status for my second child ..Please help me...
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:21 am

If you and your wife are applying for naturalisation jointly, then it's safer if both satisfy the standard requirements.

British Citizenship depends on where and when your child is born.

See also ILR for my child.