ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone been refused for ILR even when you own a house?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Natita

Has anyone been refused for ILR even when you own a house?

Post by Natita » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:37 am

I'm just thinking of buying a house in the UK and wondering if anyone has been refused even if you own a house? Is it too risky to invest before getting ILR?

My absences from UK is high ~350 days as a comibination of entitled annual leave, business trips and overseas assignment. No single absence exceeds 90 days. Although this may be covered by a company supporting letter but I'd like to be as safe as possible.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Kind regards
Last edited by Natita on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:41 am

People who do not own a house are also granted settlement. AIUI, owning a house is neither an eligibility criteria nor a reason for any concession in the matter.

regards

Natita

Post by Natita » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:59 am

Thank you Sushdmehta.

I did realise that many who do not own a house have also been granted with ILR, but maybe they clearly meet all other 'written rules'. I have dodgy case for my absences from UK.

Owning a house is not a requirement. But I'm just wondering why do we have to declare information required in form Set(O) Section 5.1, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf ; why would they need to know whether we own a house or rent a house, and whom from? Is the answer to 5.1 not an indication for them to assess the intention/commitment for settlement?

Kind regards,

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:57 am

Third party accommodation support is acceptable, if it's adequate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.