ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spain Work Permit, Getting Paid in UK- Possible

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matt679
Newly Registered

Spain Work Permit, Getting Paid in UK- Possible

Post by matt679 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:29 am

I am a Non-EU citizen currently living in the UK on Tier1. I am planning to moving to Spain for a job offer I have accepted and the visa process has now started.

To cut a long story short, Is it possible to keep getting paid from the company's UK office even after I resettle in Spain on a work visa? (i.e. pay UK taxes, payslips issued from the UK office)

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:32 am

You will have to pay Spanish taxes eventually (after you will cross 6 months mark in your first year in Spain). So that cunning plan (which I assume is) to keep Tier 1 valid while living outside Blighty won't work :wink: (and there are some other obstacles too).

matt679
Newly Registered

Post by matt679 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:21 am

:wink: yeah you got the plan. too bad it won't work!
any idea how long it takes to get the Spanish citizenship for a non-EU with no previous ties whatsoever with Spain?
wunder wrote:You will have to pay Spanish taxes eventually (after you will cross 6 months mark in your first year in Spain). So that cunning plan (which I assume is) to keep Tier 1 valid while living outside Blighty won't work :wink: (and there are some other obstacles too).

jundoc
Newly Registered

Post by jundoc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:38 pm

10 years residency to get Spanish nationality. 1 year if married to Spaniard.

matt679
Newly Registered

Post by matt679 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:26 pm

jundoc wrote:10 years residency to get Spanish nationality. 1 year if married to Spaniard.
cheers mate!

AxeZ

Post by AxeZ » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 pm

I smell a wedding soon..;)
Are we invited..;)