ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary for Workpermit holder

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

littlerice

Salary for Workpermit holder

Post by littlerice » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:36 pm

A bit worried about the new rules stating: Tier 1 and Tier 2 migrants applying for settlement will need to meet the salary criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

Right now, 4 years into my 5-year work permit, my salary is barely above the salary stated on my original work permit, would it be a problem when I apply for ILR a year from now? Assuming the rule stated above covers WP holder.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:52 pm

If you are a WP migrant, then rules / changes to rules concerning Tier 2 migrants do / will not affect you. Immigration rules for WP migrants (128-135) are different from those for Tier 2 migrants (245ZB-Z45ZH).

regards

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:24 pm

There is some change on UKBA website again http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

It now says Skilled and highly skilled migrants will need to meet the salary criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay. What was the salary criteria for the old Work permit? I can only see a salary mention on my work permit saying how much the company was paying me, but can we understand that WAS the criteria?