ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Validity for Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nic44
Newly Registered

Date of Validity for Visa

Post by Nic44 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi all - I'd appreciate any advice you can offer:

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 5 (YMS) visa expiring in April 2011. I am returning to Australia next week to apply for Tier 1 (General) given the monthly caps and the recent announcement that pretty much scraps Tier 1 from 1 April 2011.

I am not sure what date to request my visa be valid from. Ideally I'd like it to be valid from the latest date possible (which I think might be 3 months after my application date) since my Tier 5 visa will still be valid, but I'm worried that might delay them processing my application.

Any thoughts? Has anyone had recent experience having their visa post-dated?

Cheers

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Date of Validity for Visa

Post by mk357 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Nic44 wrote:Hi all - I'd appreciate any advice you can offer:

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 5 (YMS) visa expiring in April 2011. I am returning to Australia next week to apply for Tier 1 (General) given the monthly caps and the recent announcement that pretty much scraps Tier 1 from 1 April 2011.

I am not sure what date to request my visa be valid from. Ideally I'd like it to be valid from the latest date possible (which I think might be 3 months after my application date) since my Tier 5 visa will still be valid, but I'm worried that might delay them processing my application.

Any thoughts? Has anyone had recent experience having their visa post-dated?

Cheers
My advice.... aply asap no never know which month your turn would come keeping in view the monthly quota system. If you wait for 3 months or ask them to consider your application after 3 months you might not get your turn then.

Apply asap if you want to....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Date of Validity for Visa

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Nic44 wrote:Ideally I'd like it to be valid from the latest date possible (which I think might be 3 months after my application date) since my Tier 5 visa will still be valid, but I'm worried that might delay them processing my application.
The date of intended travel / proposed visa effective date has no relevance on when / how an application is processed.

regards