ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 PSW REFUSED - FRESH APPLICATION IN APPEAL PERIOD?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rozen
Diamond Member

TIER1 PSW REFUSED - FRESH APPLICATION IN APPEAL PERIOD?

Post by Rozen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:51 pm

A friend has been refused LTR based on her Tier1 PSW application.
She was previously on a Student Visa and applied for Tier1 PSW BEFORE her Student Visa expired.
She was awarded ZERO points in her Refusal Notice, mainly because her qualification is "not a UK recognised Bachelor's postgraduate degree, as it was not awarded by a UK recognised body." (She has a Foundation Degree in Dental Nursing).
Her Student Visa has since expired while her application was with HO & her ID card was not returned to her.
She has been given a right of Appeal under Section 82(1) of the NIA Act 2002.
Is there any hope for her with the Appeal, considering that HO doesn't even accept her qualification in the first place?
Is it possible that she can instead apply for another Student Visa within the Appeal period?

Keeping in mind that her Student Visa has expired, though she is still legally in the UK due to the Appeal option.
Any pointers will be welcome, as I know next to zero about this type of Visa, but would like to help her...
Thanks.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 am

Very sad to hear this. My recommendation would be to go back home and apply for the student visa, as that is the only hope, since PSW can not be issued to Foundation degree holders. I doubt if the appeal will help. Wait for some expert advice from other expert members. Thanks