ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 Spouse of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

non-national
Newly Registered

Stamp 5 Spouse of Irish citizen

Post by non-national » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:59 pm

hi just looking for some advice, i'm on stamp 4 at the moment as non eu spouse of irish citizen.

i also qualify for stamp 5 now, is there any disadvantage for swithing from stamp 4 to stamp 5 such as i did'nt have to pay any fee at renewal GNIB reg. or re-entry visa fee. :D

or if we travel to eu in future will i still be treated as a spouse of irish citizen if i am on stamp 5?
thanks

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:02 am

If you're a spouse of an Irish citizen, I think the stamp 4 is free anyway? I don't know what the story is with regard to fees and visas if they're required for wherever you're from.
Getting a stamp 5 does mean you don't have to worry about your stamp 4 expiring, so I suppose it's a bit less hassle. New regs say you can only apply for it when you have 6 months or less left on your current stamp 4 though.