ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements new rules Nov 2010

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSH
Newly Registered

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements new rules Nov 2010

Post by SSH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm

"When To Apply
You may only apply for a Without Conditions As To Time endorsement when you have completed 96 months legal residence.
If you are on a Stamp 4 you can only apply in the last 6 month of that permission
If an application is received from a person before the 96 months legal residence has elapsed the application will not be accepted and will be returned.
If an application is received from a person with more that 6 months permission on left the application, with a Stamp 4, it will not be accepted and will be returned."
---------------------------
My interpretation of the above practically means that people who are on Working VISA ( IT ) on stamp 4 will not be eligible to apply for STAMP 5 before 9 & half years rather than 8 years as the rule previously was....

I am so disappointed with this new announcement... :(

9jeirean

Re: Without Condition As To Time Endorsements new rules Nov

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm

SSH wrote:"When To Apply
You may only apply for a Without Conditions As To Time endorsement when you have completed 96 months legal residence.
If you are on a Stamp 4 you can only apply in the last 6 month of that permission
If an application is received from a person before the 96 months legal residence has elapsed the application will not be accepted and will be returned.
If an application is received from a person with more that 6 months permission on left the application, with a Stamp 4, it will not be accepted and will be returned."
---------------------------
My interpretation of the above practically means that people who are on Working VISA ( IT ) on stamp 4 will not be eligible to apply for STAMP 5 before 9 & half years rather than 8 years as the rule previously was....

I am so disappointed with this new announcement..
. :(
Yes, but technically you may, after 8yrs 6 months.

How? ====>

At the expiration of 8th year on WV/WA stamp You may opt to apply for a temporary stamp 4 for 1 year based on the 5years rule, see here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers You may then apply for WCATT 6 months into you temporary 1 year stamp 4.

Caveat: Note that the 1 yr stamp 4 scheme is a temporary scheme at the moment and so it's potential benefits have to be weighed against that of WV/WA.

Good luck.

SSH
Newly Registered

Re: Without Condition As To Time Endorsements new rules

Post by SSH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks 9jeirean,

I am just honestly sick and tired of Irish immigration laws..... i have been here 7 years but i still wonder what will happen to me, everything in Irish immigration is a grey area and outside the norm of what usually happens in EU & UK. Uncertainty & fear hails upon me all the time... I am just sad with my situation here ..... :(

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 am

SSH i can feel your pain, I’m same boat, i really hate this situation

non-national
Newly Registered

Post by non-national » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 am

very disappointed too my stamp 4 expires in 2013 so thats 10 years instead of 8 for me before i can apply for this endorsement., having stamp 5 could give more freedom than dependent on spouse ect..

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:31 pm

non-national wrote:very disappointed too my stamp 4 expires in 2013 so thats 10 years instead of 8 for me before i can apply for this endorsement., having stamp 5 could give more freedom than dependent on spouse ect..

If you have a stamp 4, won't you still be allowed to at least renew the stamp 4 visa and still have access to work? For now, does it really matter what the basis of the visa is, so long as you have it and can work? Or is it on the basis of spouse must work etc, and it would not matter what you do?

This is a genuine sad turn of events, particularily for those who are not related to EU citizens and do not wish to apply for citizenship (eg Chinese people whose country, for now, do not recongise dual citizenship, and they don't wish to loose their chinese rights) However, it was predictable with the economy. I must say , it is a sh*tty way to reward those hard workers as it is clear that the government is trying to encourage these people now to leave, despite the manner in how the government actively encouraged these people to come here (ie seminars / road shows by embassies)

You should write to them now and see if the new rules would apply. After all, Minister is suppose to use his "discretion"

linn
Newly Registered

Post by linn » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I am on working Visa(IT) on stamp 4, next year my visa is going to be expired, it will be my 6th year in ireland, will I get a year temporary stamp 4?

I am not going to apply for Long term residence as I have applied for naturalization. will i be able to renew the visa if one-year temporary stamp 4 expired???

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:41 pm

linn wrote:I am on working Visa(IT) on stamp 4, next year my visa is going to be expired, it will be my 6th year in ireland, will I get a year temporary stamp 4?

I am not going to apply for Long term residence as I have applied for naturalization. will i be able to renew the visa if one-year temporary stamp 4 expired???
Hi linn,

You should be eligible to apply for the temporary stamp 4 if you have accumulated up to 5 years on Working Visa. At the moment, there is no problem with renewing either Stamp 4 working Visa or Temporary stamp 4. I will however advice that you may be better off to renew your WV for another 2 years. Two reasons: (i) Temporary stamp 4 is only a temporary scheme at the moment, and in the current climate no one knows what may happen. (ii) Since temp stamp 4 is only valid for 1 year, it is more cost effective to get a WV for 2 years for the same amount Er150. I hate to be negative, but from evidence on this forum, you may have to be very lucky for your citizenship to comes through within the next 2 years, so getting a 2 years WV might give you a once off longer cover while you wait.

Good luck mate

9j

linn
Newly Registered

Post by linn » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 pm

9jeirean wrote: . I will however advice that you may be better off to renew your WV for another 2 years.
thanks 9j. Will I have choice to renew another 2 years? I though the 1-year temporary stamp 4 was compulsory after your 5-year Working Visa according to this: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers.

Was above for those made redundant?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 pm

linn wrote:
9jeirean wrote: . I will however advice that you may be better off to renew your WV for another 2 years.
thanks 9j. Will I have choice to renew another 2 years? I though the 1-year temporary stamp 4 was compulsory after your 5-year Working Visa according to this: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers.
Good point linn. To the best of my knowledge, The temporary stamp 4 is an optional concession which exempt you from the need to obtain an employment permit. This scheme was introduced last year as a precursor the proposed permanent residency scheme. From the looks of things, it doesn't look like we are going to have the permanent residency scheme in place anytime soon. That's why I fear for the continuity of the temp stamp 4 scheme on the long haul. If you do indeed still have the option of renewing your WV. I'll say go for it for the reasons aforementioned. If however everyone is now being lumped on the temporary stamp 4 bandwagon, then you can only hope and pray.

Good luck

linn
Newly Registered

Post by linn » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

9jeirean wrote: If you do indeed still have the option of renewing your WV. I'll say go for it for the reasons aforementioned. If however everyone is now being lumped on the temporary stamp 4 bandwagon, then you can only hope and pray.
I have no idea what the option will be after my 5 year WV completed. does anybody else has same situation?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm

linn, you have an option of
1. applying for long term residency, processing times within a year.
2. awaiting for your citizenship, probably 2-3 years processing time
3. getting a temp stamp 4 for a period of 1 year. but there is no guarantee that it will be renewed again. so far so good, all are renewed, but policies change very quickly
4. once you have 8 years you can apply for WCATT (only if you didn't get LTR prior to that)

SSH
Newly Registered

Post by SSH » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 pm

HI Linn,

I did my 4th Renewal of WV (IT) mid this year, i did not ask for 1 year temp, they automatically renewed it for another 2 years. I would advice you to go for the same 2 year WC (IT) stamp rather then moving onto the 1 year temp stamp as it adds no value to people who are already employed in the IT sector and have no plans to move to a different sector or open their own business.