ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vp77

Maintenance funds query

Post by vp77 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 am

I am planning to apply in 2nd week of Dec.

For maintenance funds, I would be showing cash balance in 3 bank accounts (1 of them being a joint account with my father and brother) and 1 fixed deposit jointly held with my wife.

Would showing funds across multiple accts and FD pose a risk to my visa application? Anyway, I don't have any choice except the one mentioned.
Should I go ahead with my application or wait aand maintain the required funds in 1 acct and apply in March 2011.

Also, pls let me know the method they use to calculate and arrive at the required funds during the 90 day period.

Please advise urgently. Thank you.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance funds query

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:23 am

vp77 wrote:I am planning to apply in 2nd week of Dec.

For maintenance funds, I would be showing cash balance in 3 bank accounts (1 of them being a joint account with my father and brother) and 1 fixed deposit jointly held with my wife.

Would showing funds across multiple accts and FD pose a risk to my visa application? Anyway, I don't have any choice except the one mentioned.
Should I go ahead with my application or wait aand maintain the required funds in 1 acct and apply in March 2011.

Also, pls let me know the method they use to calculate and arrive at the required funds during the 90 day period.

Please advise urgently. Thank you.
You can - just read Sumit's case very carefully. He did the same, was refused and the decision was overturned once the case was reviewed. Just help the officer along so that they are clear on the minimum amount in your accounts each day (maybe even do something like an Excel spreadsheet showing the total funds in each account per day as well as the total each day).

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 am

In case you can show this oversimplistic proof to the caseworker that

Amount in Fixed deposit (A) + Minimum of account (B) + Minimum of account (C) = 2800 GBP (or greater) for a 90 day period , then you are good to go without worrying much.

Be very sure to take the statements with coinciding dates!!
The 'From date' and 'End Date' should match in all the covering letter and statements from the banks!

I had used one savings account held with my mother. So holding a 'joint account' does not really matter as long as the 'money' is present.

Also, for the FD, get a letter from the bank stating that the fixed deposit can be liquidated at any point of time at the discretion of the Fixed deposit holder. Again in this letter you need to get the dates same as on your other 2 account statements!
Thanks,
Sumit.

vp77

Maintenance funds query

Post by vp77 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am

Hi mulderpf

Thank you for the immediate response.

As you know the bank statement and passbook (for 1 acct) doesn't show daily balance, its shows balance after every debit and credit. So how do I calculate the daily required balance since the balance dates doesn't correspond between different accts.

Do i just consider the minimum balance in each of the acct during the 90 day period and sum them up to arrive at the required balance?

maximux79

Re: Maintenance funds query

Post by maximux79 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:51 pm

vp77 wrote:Hi mulderpf

Thank you for the immediate response.

As you know the bank statement and passbook (for 1 acct) doesn't show daily balance, its shows balance after every debit and credit. So how do I calculate the daily required balance since the balance dates doesn't correspond between different accts.

Do i just consider the minimum balance in each of the acct during the 90 day period and sum them up to arrive at the required balance?
Hi I think that is normal. If you don't have any transaction for that day, it won't be mentioned in the statement/passbook. This means that the balance on that day is the same as the day before. Cheers