ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pankina review - timeline

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andnowrey
Newly Registered

Pankina review - timeline

Post by andnowrey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 am

Hi guys,

If anybody applied for a review of Tier-X application according to Pankina judgements - let's track a timeline for those applications here.

I sent mine last Friday, in Sheffield Monday 29.11

Please let us know when you sent yours and when you received the answer.

andnowrey
Newly Registered

Post by andnowrey » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:11 am

Anyone? Anybody?

balo17
Newly Registered

Post by balo17 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi,

I sent my application in December and it was received in Sheffield on 14 Dec.

As yet I have no feedback, but this isn't abnormal from what I hear.

I only submitted copies of my passport and not the original as this was what they requested for my particular case.

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Have you had any news?

andnowrey
Newly Registered

Post by andnowrey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm

No, not yet.

I don't think there is a way to get a status of the application, do you?
Why did you send the copies of the passport, was it Pankina review or not?

balo17 wrote:Hi,

I sent my application in December and it was received in Sheffield on 14 Dec.

As yet I have no feedback, but this isn't abnormal from what I hear.

I only submitted copies of my passport and not the original as this was what they requested for my particular case.

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Have you had any news?

balo17
Newly Registered

Post by balo17 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:17 pm

I did apply under the Pankina judgment under the section called:

"APPLICANTS WHO LEFT THE UNITED KINGDOM FOLLOWING THE REFUSAL OF AN APPLICATION FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN SUBMITTED PRIOR TO 23 JULY 2010"

Although I am in the UK now on a working permit, this section was the most relevant to my case - so I followed the rules under that section (page 5 of the "MAINTENANCE (FUNDS): POLICY DOCUMENT")

On page 5 it states:

"iv.
a certified copy of their current valid passport (or relevant travel document) and biometrics card (if applicable);"

We recently had some problems with our mail at home and to make sure that the UKBA had not sent me anything that was not delivered, I phoned the UKBA and asked whether they can see if there had been anything sent out to me recently. They said nothing, just to keep waiting.

Hope that helps.

notagain2011
Newly Registered

Post by notagain2011 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 pm

hi, I sent my application early december and I confirmed receipt online with royal mail on the 7th of December. I still havent heard anything yet from the HO. Apparently that is a sign of good news as the HO are prompt to respond to you if they have a negative reply.

balo17
Newly Registered

Post by balo17 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 am

You won't believe it after all our posts today on the forum, but when I got home on Friday (07/01/11) and checked the mail I had a letter from UKBA!

To confirm my dates:

Sent my application(letter) on: 11 Dec
UKBA received my application on: 14 Dec
UKBA letter dated and sent on: 5 Jan
UKBA letter received in post on: 7 Jan

That means the turnaround was 14 working days (14 Dec - 5 Jan)

Letter states that my request for review has been considered and that I should send asap:

My passport and 2x passport photos.

This is just the best news I could've wished for and to be honest something that I never expected to happen - thank you Pankina (although I'm not going to celebrate before I have the passport with visa in my hands).

Good luck with your applications - I hope you get some good news soon.

notagain2011
Newly Registered

Post by notagain2011 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Congratulations Balo17. Well done.

The thing is with my case, since my initial Post study work visa was refused, my passport has been retained by the HO ever since. So I am hoping that following the new Pankina judgement which doesnt require the applicant to be lawful in the UK, they would just retrieve my file and endorse the visa on the passport and send back to me. I hope I am correct to make such assumptions as I am just being hopeful.

Especially given that my application for review (letter) was received on the 7th of Dec, (exactly a month ago) and still no response.

Question Balo17 where you an overstayer because your previous posting says you had a work permit?

thank you guys

balo17
Newly Registered

Post by balo17 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi Notagain2011,

My extension application was in Feb 2009, visa expired in March 2009 and my extension was refused in Apr 2009 (their decision took so long it was 3 days after my visa expired so couldnt submit a fresh application - could only appeal) after which I made an in country appeal (which I would have won) but the appeal process took so long - and I had to travel back to my home country in July 2009 because I was getting married and the date couldn't be shifted - which means you automatically abandon the appeal when you travel outside the UK.

I cancelled my appeal (was really pissed off that I had to cause I would have won) on the day I travelled and submitted a work permit dependency application in my home country the day after.

So I was not an overstayer as throughout the appeal process I had a right to stay in the UK. I returned on the work permit.

Why did they retain your passport, are they allowed to do that? Can you not travel at all now?

I hope you have some good news, but it sounds like your case is a little more complicated than mine, so that is probably why they are taking longer to form a decision.

notagain2011
Newly Registered

Post by notagain2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:56 am

Thanks for this Balo17, well I am positive most people benefitting from the recent pankina ruling are overstayers as this new rule came into place only because the initial ruling provided only for applicants who had lawful status. As a result the courts were overwhelmed with the number of applications for judicial review because most applicants relevant to this were overstayers and had no lawful status hence had only recourse to the courts. As a result provisions were now made for such applicatants through the new pankina ruling.

It would appear that your case did not fall within the recent pankina ruling but instead the previous one which required lawful residence thus was more or less straightforward.

will be intouch with the progress of the application

notagain2011
Newly Registered

Post by notagain2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:58 am

@ andnowrey, any news on your part? did you apply under the old pankina or the new pankina which provides now for overstayers?

balo17
Newly Registered

Post by balo17 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I received my passport today with my extension under Tier 1 G granted under the Pankina judgment for 3 years.

Here is a final summary of my dates:

Sent my application(letter) on: 11 Dec
UKBA received my application on: 14 Dec
UKBA letter dated and sent on: 5 Jan
UKBA letter received in post on: 7 Jan
(letter stated I should send my passport + 2 photos to UKBA)

Sent passport + 2x photos to UKBA: 8 Jan
UKBA received passport + 2x photos: 11 Jan
Visa granted from: 14 Jan 2011 - 14 Jan 2014 (3 years)
Passport + Visa received in post on: 18 Jan

All in all a very pleasant experience compared to the original application that was refused!

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi guys:

Last year my psw1 was rejected in the UK :( Now, I am in my home country. In december, I have send to Sheffield my case for a review under the Pankina Case and the New Policy Guide in Nov 2010.

The documents arrived on the 22nd of dec to Sheffield; due to bad weather conditions in Europe. I haven't received any e-mail or notification by the UKBA. I don't know until when I have to wait. In the worst case, I am planning to made a new application here in my home country in the beggining of feb. I have time to apply until 19 feb 2011, because the award day was on 19 feb 2010.

Wish u all the best to all and I'll let u know as soon as I get some news

andnowrey
Newly Registered

Post by andnowrey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Just got my passport back!! So excited!

Applied 29.11. Didn't hear anything back until 17.01 when I received mail from them requesting updated photo (the one I sent seemed to them as outdated as it was used in another visa) and police registration certificates (I am on of the nationals who need to register with police) Received passports 28.01

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Congratulations andnowrey!! I am glad u finally got your visa.

I am getting nervous now. I have not heard anything form the UKBA. Next week I am going to make a new application in my home country, due to the award date of my MSC is 19 feb 2010.

notagain2011
Newly Registered

Post by notagain2011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am

hey guys, got my passport back with my two year PSW Visa. No request for passport photos as they used the one i applied with initially. I believe in God and i am so happy he has blessed me profoundly. I wish all of you luck too. May this ordeal never happen again.

I think the timeline is between 4-6 weeks of requesting review of your application.

God bless you all

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Congratulations Notagain!! I am very glad u got your PSW1. Hope u will get a very good job in The UK.

I have two questions. First, I sent my administrative review (Pankina) from Colombia. I would like to know if The HO sends the answer by e-mail or by post. Honestly, I am getting nervous that I have not heard anything from them. Even, that my application arrived to Sheffield on 22nd Dec. Secondly, the award date of my MSC was 19th Feb 2010. I have here in my country my bank statements that have the whole money for 90 consecutives days. I am thinking to make a fresh application on 10 Feb. Do you think that the administrative review would affect my new application? By the way, I will explain in my new application everything about my visa rejection and administrative review.

I would appreciate any advice :)

SpokenHands

Timeline for Pankina Review: Really quick

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Applied 18 January
Received no confirmation or correspondence of any kind
Received passport with covering letter on 31 January
All quite simple and straightforward

lucky11
Newly Registered

Pankina timeline

Post by lucky11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Hello All,

Got my visa after an appeal via the Pankina Judgement.

Passport reached Home Office: 8th Feb
Passport with visa: 19th Feb

What I did differently that could help speed up the process: I went through a visa consultant. The consultant spoke to UKBA and told them about my case. I received a letter from UKBA within a week of that asking me to submit my passport and photographs. Week after that I had my passport stamped!

You can try the option as well of going through a consultant as they can speak to ppl at the home office unlike us. Since I got my visa today, I dont know if the visa consultant will charge me but it will worth every penny even if I have to. Hope that helps.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Very straight-forward process if you qualify for a review: a simple letter quoting Home Office Ref #, name and address.

Evidently takes 2 weeks with or without a consultant.
So in my humble opinion, I don't see the benefit - especially as a consultant will charge you!

Follow the guidance notes to the T and look to these boards for guidance should you need it. Save yourseld some £££ in this instance.

lucky11
Newly Registered

Post by lucky11 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 am

SpokenHands wrote:Very straight-forward process if you qualify for a review: a simple letter quoting Home Office Ref #, name and address.

Evidently takes 2 weeks with or without a consultant.
So in my humble opinion, I don't see the benefit - especially as a consultant will charge you!

Follow the guidance notes to the T and look to these boards for guidance should you need it. Save yourseld some £££ in this instance.
Well... it isnt that straight forward if you read the other threads on the site. After sending the letter ... lotta people have waited for a month and then they get asked to send photos and passport... and two weeks after that... so that's a good 6 weeks and my enitre process took 3 weeks. So, I would still say... worth the charge (if any at all i.e)

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:23 pm

If applicants follow the instructions, it is very straightforward.

If you are within UK, and meet all qualifying criteria set out in the guidance; send a letter requesting re-consideration along with your passport (and those of dependants originally refused as well) with 2 x passport photographs for all applicants. While you don't usually receive an acknowledgement, you will usually receive the new endorsement visa in your passport within 2-3 weeks (based on experiences of applicants across these threads).

If you are outside the UK, and meet qualifying crietria set out in the guidance; send a letter requesting reconsideration BUT DO NOT INCLUDE passports and photographs until you receive a letter asking you to do so. Once you do send in these materials, in the 2nd phase of consideration, you will usually receive the new endorsement visa in your passport within the processing times required by your visa-process circumstances. This can be short (2-3 weeks) or longer (4-12 weeks) depending on your records and circumstances.

Naturally you can engage a consultant to call the HO on your behalf to ensure you're eligible for re-consideration (from the same criteria set our clearly on the guidance notes available on the UKBA website), or the consultant could draw up the simple letter citing the Applicants Name(s), original Home Office Refusual Ref No, email and postal address, and your current status in the UK (or overseas). But it does not speed up the process or guarantee the outcome.

Hope this clarifies for all potential applicants. Good Luck!

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Congratulations for all who got their PWS1 through The Pankina Judgement. In my case, it did not work. I sent my application from my home country on 15 December. I did not hear anything from them. So, last week I made a new application form in The British Embassy in my home country. I got my visa two days after I had the appointment in The Embassy. I got my PSW1 for 2 years. I back next week to London

Good Luck for all who are waiting for their PSW :)

nikberd
Newly Registered

visa consultant

Post by nikberd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:08 pm

lucky11,

what kind of visa consultant did you use. I am thinking to follow your way as I my case is a bit more complicated. Thus, after I was refused the tire1 visa I got Tire2, but my kid who is over 18 had to apply for student visa. Obviously we lost the rights to apply for ILR this year, which I'd love to trade back :)

lucky11
Newly Registered

Re: visa consultant

Post by lucky11 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:04 pm

[quote="nikberd"]lucky11,

what kind of visa consultant did you use. I am thinking to follow your way as I my case is a bit more complicated. Thus, after I was refused the tire1 visa I got Tire2, but my kid who is over 18 had to apply for student visa. Obviously we lost the rights to apply for ILR this year, which I'd love to trade back :)[/quote]

Hello,

I went to a visa consultant called dwi global. Google it and you should be able to find them. Give them a call and explain your situation. They might help you out.