ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who can Sponsor Student Financially? Help PLEASE

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chat2saqib
Newly Registered

Who can Sponsor Student Financially? Help PLEASE

Post by chat2saqib » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Please If you can answer following questions then it would be highly appreciated:

Just for information that my brother want to come to uk for studies to do Masters in Electrical Engineering and he has got working experience for about 4 years as Communication Engineer. My father is retired.

- Can any relative, who lives in UK, sponsor student from Pakistan? for example brother who lives in Uk , can he sponsor his younger brother for study who is in Paksitan and what does he needs to do? How much money needs to show in bank account to sponsor?

- To show that student can support himself financially is that student has to show his bank statemewnt or sponsor bank statement and how many month bank statement you need?

- are the following steps apply for student visa:
-- Pass IELTS
-- Get an Admission in the university and get the letter from university
-- show them that you can support yourself financially
-- Fill the visa application form

If any steps you think is missing or important then please provide details of it.

Thanks in Advance.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 pm

Conditions vary from applicant to applicant as every case have its own state of affairs but generally:

Anybody can become sponsor who is the legal guardian of the applicant and can give proof of funds+proof of ID(ID Card/Passport)+Affidavit of Support. Either live in UK or PAK. Sponsor need to show Course fee + £7200 have in account from last 28 days. Visa steps are below:

1. Decide which course you want to do and does any college offer that course in UK.
2. If college required IELTS to accept your application or course is below NQF Level 6, you need to pass IELTS ideally with 6.5 overall score.
3. Check the appropriate fee for the course and arrange your sponsor accordingly. i.e. Course fee + £7200 + funds must be in account from last 28 days.
4. Apply for admission to the college and get CAS (Visa letter).
6. Get the sponsor's documents, fill the application form (vaf9) attach you passport and CAS with previous qualification documents which been used to get CAS + any other documents which is necessary to attach.
7. Submit your application to Embassy with precribed visa fee and wait for the decision.

I hope it will help!
Last edited by kkj on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

vignette

Post by vignette » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 pm

No - UKBA will only accept funds held in your own name (can be in a joint account where you are one of the joint holders) or in the name of your parents/legal guardians in which case you have to provide your birth certificate or evidence of guardianship.

7200 maintenance only applies to inner London colleges/unis

chat2saqib
Newly Registered

Post by chat2saqib » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for you replies. If suppose student who is applying has got Course Fee + £7200(Inner London) or £5500(outside London) (for accomodation) in his bank account in Paksitan then won't they ask for proof that how and where this much money come from?

Also, Can Brother of the student who is uk can also be a Guardian and what evidence of guardianship you have to provide other than your birth certificate?

Thanks in Advance.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 am

It could be possible they ask about money where its comes from if you show an account with 100 trillion dollars. :P

As long as you are showing money with regulerize and authentic bank or financial institution of any country, there is no question where this money came from as it is a responsibility of that bank of financial instituion and they already have asked that question in account opening process. Usually financial sponsor write about the source of income in there letter of financial consent / Affadavit of support. It may be depened upon the finacial sponsor location as well.

About legal guardian, if they are other than your parents, you need to show a court document + letter of financial consent as specified by UKBA maintenance guide for Teir 4. A lawyer can provide you better help in this regards.

Kafrul
Newly Registered

My dependant is my financial Sponsor

Post by Kafrul » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi!

This December I'm goin' to apply for extending my visa. I'm main applicant and my wife is my dependant. And my wife is my financial sponsor. I found that I have to give a consent letter from my wife. That's ok. But I couldn't find any place in my visa extension form where I can put her name as my financial sponsor. Please suggest me in this regard.

Thanks

Kafrul
Newly Registered

Post by Kafrul » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi guys!

Is there anyone who knows about this? Please let me know.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:10 pm

If refused, then appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.