ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it necessary to do ielts?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisal_sherry
Newly Registered

is it necessary to do ielts?

Post by faisal_sherry » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:16 pm

hi a little question. i'm going to apply for tier 1 general visa. my mba from pakistan and its taught in english. Do i still need to do ielts to get points for english language? thanks
REgards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:41 am

You need to carefully read through all the guidance and all the info given on here. And I'm suggesting this and not giving the answer, because if you have doubts about IELTS then there may very well be much bigger things you might have missed.

etrade

ielts

Post by etrade » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 pm

hi there,
i just read ur mail today.and i submitted my own case on 13th dec 2010( tier 1 general)from islamabad. Answer of ur query is that,,IELTS is a must for applying tier1 general(6.5 band).good luck

khanpsm
Newly Registered

ielts

Post by khanpsm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

yes friend

I applied for tier 1 general with master degree taught in english from pakistan taught in englisha and also verifed from Naric.

The home office refused on the basis of not having english proficiency.
I appealed and during that time did ielts. My appeal was allowed but wasted me lot of time since submitting application and till winning appeal. I am still waiting for home office letter to send my passport to them for stamping.

To avoid any trouble, do apply for ielts firt before sending your application to home office to tier one.

thanks