ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1(Need Help)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srmandav
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1(Need Help)

Post by srmandav » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 4(Student) Visa. I am planning to switch to Tier 1(General). I worked in India before commencing my full time study(From Sept 2009) in the UK.I know that we can switch from Tier 4 to Tier 1(General). My doubt is will the Home Office consider my earnings( 12 months out of 15 months) prior to my commencement of my studies( Sept 2009). Tier 1(General) policy guideliness (recently updated) have been updated with the following info-

"The applicant can claim points for 100. previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying. An applicant may claim points for a 12-month period of earnings outside of this 15 months if they can show that he/she has been:
away from the workplace for a time during • the last 12 months because of a period of maternity or adoption-related absence"

But i have studied the policy guideliness before upgradation that students on full time study can show the earnings of 12 prior to the commencement of their education

Can any one suggest me if can still apply under T 1(General) or i need to go with Tier 1(PWS).Has any one in forum have similar experience or any one have tried switching from Tier 4 to T 1(General) recently? Please suugest share u r experience if u had one

Thanks
Srinivas

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 pm

You cannot switch from Tier 4 to Tier 1 (General) unless you qualify without claiming points for earnings. You may switch to Tier 1 (PSW) if you qualify.

regards

Mela

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1(Need Help)

Post by Mela » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:58 pm

srmandav wrote:
But i have studied the policy guideliness before upgradation that students on full time study can show the earnings of 12 prior to the commencement of their education

Thanks
Srinivas
New guidelines don't allow you to claim points for earnings made before study. Therefore, in your case you can't switch to Tier 1 General.

srmandav
Newly Registered

Post by srmandav » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks for the replies

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 am

according to my understanding of the rules you cant switch from Tier 4 to Tier1 General..You can shift to Tier1 (PSW).