ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Showing Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softblaze
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Showing Maintenance Funds

Post by softblaze » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 pm

I plan to apply for Tier 1 (General) Visa for myself alone now, and later apply for dependents (wife and child) after I entering UK (assuming I get the visa of course). The UKBA site states that I have to show a constant minimum balance of £2,800 in the last 3 months prior to my application date. The "Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance" Document also states the same thing.

However, Part 7 of the "PBS Appendix 1 Tier 1 (General) Migrant Self Assessment" states:
" ... You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom. This money must be held in your personal bank account for at least 3 months before the date of your application..."

I would appreciate if someone could clarify whether I should have £2800 or £2800 + £1600 + £1600 = £6000 in the bank for 3 months, which includes my wife and kid.

To add to the confusion I came across this link which states that it is not necessary to maintain the minimum balance constantly for 3 months. It states that it is enough if the balance is there for at least 1 day in the month prior to the application.

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 (General) Showing Maintenance Funds

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:26 pm

softblaze wrote:I plan to apply for Tier 1 (General) Visa for myself alone now, and later apply for dependents (wife and child) after I entering UK (assuming I get the visa of course). The UKBA site states that I have to show a constant minimum balance of £2,800 in the last 3 months prior to my application date. The "Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance" Document also states the same thing.

However, Part 7 of the "PBS Appendix 1 Tier 1 (General) Migrant Self Assessment" states:
" ... You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom. This money must be held in your personal bank account for at least 3 months before the date of your application..."

I would appreciate if someone could clarify whether I should have £2800 or £2800 + £1600 + £1600 = £6000 in the bank for 3 months, which includes my wife and kid.

To add to the confusion I came across this link which states that it is not necessary to maintain the minimum balance constantly for 3 months. It states that it is enough if the balance is there for at least 1 day in the month prior to the application.

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks.
1)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

£2800 for yourself must be 3 months before you apply

2) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.

3)
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-07- ... -funds.htm

The new immigration policy will cover you in the following circumstances:

If you and any dependents had applied for a Tier 1, 2, 4, or 5 visa from within the UK and had applied on or before 22 July 2010 and were refused solely due to not meeting the maintenance requirements.

doesnt apply to you

check the policy guidance as I dont know your specific situation

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:56 am

Assuming just one dependent:

1. If application for dependent is made while main applicant is outside UK:

Funds required to be shown: GBP 2800 (main applicant) + GBP 1600 (dependent)

2. If application is made while main applicant is inside UK for < 12 months:

Funds required to be shown: GBP 800 (main applicant) + GBP 1600 (dependent)

3. If application is made while main applicant insided UK > 12 months:

Funds required to be shown: GBP 800 (main applicant) + GBP 533 (dependent).

Hope that clears the doubts!
Thanks,
Sumit.

softblaze
Newly Registered

Post by softblaze » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 am

Thank you @mtuckersa.

Just to give some more details about my situation.

I am applying from outside UK, from Saudi Arabia. My wife and child don't live with me now and so I will be applying for myself alone, mentioning in my application that my wife and child will join me after I enter UK. That is, I intend to file a application for them as my dependants after entering UK. (I assume this is doable).

I was under the impression that I need to have £2800 as a minimum in my account for 3 months. While filling the application I discovered a section that says I have to show £1600 for each of my dependants in addition to the £2800 for myself. The question is can I show £2800 now for myself and the rest £3200 when I apply for them later?

Also, is it now okay to show that I had this balance for at least 1 day in the month before the application as this page says? Or is this not reliable?

Thanks again for your time.

softblaze
Newly Registered

Post by softblaze » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:07 am

Thanks @neosumit, for the help.

I guess things are clearer now. I'm assuming that my 4 year old also is counted as dependant, so there are 2 dependants plus myself. So it is £6000 that I need to show I guess.

@mtuckersa, I guess the new immigration allowance does not apply to my situation. Thanks for pointing it out.