ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cas number

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nazreen12

cas number

Post by nazreen12 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:30 am

Hi my husband visa will expire on the 15 january 2010.He ask his college for the renewal.He needs to sit for the ielts on the 11 dec and result will be out by 23 dec coz of christmas.The principal told him he needs to bring the result first then he will register him for the cas number.my concern is it too late to apply for it coz the limit for his visa.how long normally it takes for the home office to issue the number .plz need help asap.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:58 pm

I think 15th Jan 2010 will never come again. Am I right? :P

As per my opinion you don't need to worry about. A good reputable college with professional staff will get only ONE or TWO day to issue you CAS number.

As visa expiry date is 15th Jan'11, organize your application schedule as per following:

>First of all give IELTS with peace of mind on On 11th of Dec 2010.
>Than prepare every thing for visa extension application.i.e arrange all documents for college, arrange supporting documents for visa application, get bank statments ready, fill up the form as much as you can. bla bla.
>On 23rd of Dec, collect your IELTS result go to the college and apply for admission and CAS. Most probably they will process your application same day or next day.
>If they issue you CAS same day send your application on 24th of Dec.
>If they issue you CAS next day send you application on 2nd of Jan'11.

In any case, if they issue you CAS on 2nd Jan'11 its still not late. Just make a deadline of 5th Jan'11 for application.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************