ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport ( application for passport) query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Goggy24
Newly Registered

British passport ( application for passport) query

Post by Goggy24 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 am

hi,

We are applying for our British passports this week. We are required to send in 'uncancelled' passports along with the passport application ( as part of the documentation)

However I have finished 4 passport extension booklets from the time I came to the UK till date. The entry permit to the UK is in my first passport booklet ( now cancelled) and the ILR is in the latest 'valid' passport.

While the requirement is clear enough, is the Passport authority evidencing our identities or does it want to see our entry date into the UK ?? If its the former, my valid passport is enough but if its the latter, then all 4 booklets will have to be sent.

Do not want to send additional documentation if it is not required.

Thanks.

nwe84

Post by nwe84 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Yes, I got 2 cancelled passports and I did attached while applying for British Passports.

Thanks
Nwe