ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMPORTANT - Photo submission

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agarwaka
Newly Registered

IMPORTANT - Photo submission

Post by agarwaka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 am

All,

Submitted our application today (in Bangalore) and learnt that most photos taken outside would be rejected (as ours were, 2 sets done by GK Vale) as the required specifications have changed.

Would strongly recommend that while you get a set of photos along, come in to the center 30-40 mins ahead of your appointment, to get the photos done in their photo booth.

Charges are Rs 100 for a set of 4 (you get to keep 2 of these).

Cheers!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:06 am

Perhaps a classic case of falling victim to VFS nuances? Did you ask for evidence from them to prove to you that the requirements have changed?

Photograph requirements for UK immigration purposes follow the (photograph) requirements for British passports, and neither of the websites have announced any changes.

regards

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 am

I faced the same yesterday at Hyderabad. Didn't want to argue so followed their saying..

I still remember I measured everything as per the specification given in the guidance after I took my photographs from outside...

Right now I have too many photos... Thinking of sharing with friends :D

agarwaka
Newly Registered

Photos

Post by agarwaka » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:52 am

Hassled as I already was due to some hiccups earlier in the day, I just wanted to get it done without further Q&A...so went ahead with their suggestion, if you will. As I noticed, nearly (if not) everyone was asked to get their photos taken again..