ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nkzp100
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony query

Post by nkzp100 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm

hi there,

could you please advise me that what is the difference between Date of receipt of Approval and Date of receipt of invitation to ceremony?

I have received one letter from the HO confirming that my application has been successful and inviting me to attend ceremony and i have phones the council to book the ceremony. should i receive another letter from HO?

Many Thanks

santa_claws
Newly Registered

Post by santa_claws » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 pm

After you have contacted your local council and agreed on a date when you can attend the ceremony, they (council) will send you an invitation letter as well.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Approval letter clearly states:
"You should not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation."
So, why do you guys not follow it?
Should I disregard it and phone Council anyway?

ukpl

Re: Citizenship ceremony query

Post by ukpl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:38 pm

nkzp100 wrote:I have received one letter from the HO confirming that my application has been successful and inviting me to attend ceremony
You are confusing me now.
My letter explicitly states:
"Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony."

fsharich
Newly Registered

Register Office Letter

Post by fsharich » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Well, my letter says:
Please contact your local Authority and then the letter states the address and telephone number to do so.

So... I went there this morning and they said I should WAIT for a letter which should come from them (Register Office).

My 14 days expired already and the lady attending sai I shouldnt worry about it.

Has anyone had same situation?

I am a litttle bit worried.

Thanks

Fer

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:59 pm

yeah i am in a similar situation

homeoffive letter states to contact council i have used for my ncs.(hackney).
i mentioned in my application another council(new ham) for my ceremony and i live in redbridge..

no one have me on list..

seems HO don't read the application/instrcution or forms where you choose a diff council for your ceremoney

i have no idea what to do next any clue?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:50 pm

To make it easy on yourself I'd suggest you use Hackney. My husband had a similar situation. He asked on his application form for the ceremony to be held in the same council as his NCS, but was allocated a different town. Changing involves letters being exchanged between the 2 councils and we gave up in the end and settled for the one allocated by the Home Office.
We were told it happens regularly.