ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for PSW and starting Contact (Full-time Role)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

therock
Member of Standing

Waiting for PSW and starting Contact (Full-time Role)

Post by therock » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm

While waiting for PSW decesion can we work on contract roles which are full-time roles. Thanks

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 pm

I have seen a letter which was written by someone in the Home Office that PSW Waiting Applicants can work full-time for contract roles and not permanent roles. But this letter is dated 2008, is this still accurate? Does it mean we can apply for contract (full-time) roles. I would appreciate if sushdmehta post his comments. Thanks

sathyaraj
Newly Registered

Post by sathyaraj » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 pm

therock wrote:I have seen a letter which was written by someone in the Home Office that PSW Waiting Applicants can work full-time for contract roles and not permanent roles. But this letter is dated 2008, is this still accurate? Does it mean we can apply for contract (full-time) roles. I would appreciate if sushdmehta post his comments. Thanks

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

sathyaraj, a blank message?

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:50 am

According to my research and numerous talks with people, you can carry on working full-time while waiting for your PSW. But you cannot start a new job when you have already sent off your documents. You have to wait for your passport to arrive before you can start a new job.

alpeserra
Newly Registered

Urgent!!!

Post by alpeserra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Good Mates,

My girlfriend has started to work full time in a permanent contract (no end date in it), an shortly after, she applied for her PSW in the beginning of December 2010, before her student visa had expired.

She actually didn't know about this clause stating that applicants are not supposed to carry out jobs as permanent full time workers.

Has anyone heard of anyone else having their visa rejected due to not respecting this clause? How would the home office check such info about her? (she has provided her National Insurance Number, and her employers telephone number in her PSW application)

We know her application is about to be processed, probably in the beginning of next week, so there're only a few days to do something about it...

What should we do?? Is she going to have her application rejected? Please do help as we still have a little time!!

Thank you very very much.