ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have multiple Entry Clearances - which one to use ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

foxthree3
Newly Registered

Have multiple Entry Clearances - which one to use ?

Post by foxthree3 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello Friends,

My situation:
I entered UK in 2004 on a Business Visa, then went out of UK and came back in 2005 on a Work-permit-->then went out in 2007 and applied for new Work Permit--> then switched to Tier-2 whilst I was in UK.

What I want:
I want to switch from Tier-2 to Tier-1 whilst I am in UK. My tier2 is still valid till mid-2011, so in Immigartion History section of the form, should I mention the ENTRY CLEARNACE Reference of my Bussiness Visa or should I use the ENTRY CLEARANACE of my FIRST Work Permit.

Appreciate your help on this.

Many Thanks
FX3

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:58 am

I have similar case.

I've just made application at PEO last month. In the form, I gave details for all previous Entries I made as I took "Immigration history" literally. However, at the counter at PEO, it was explained to me that only passports and visas relevant to the Entry from which point the Residency is considered continuous are required.

Having said that, it's safer and no harm to give all details in the application.

kgm313
Newly Registered

Post by kgm313 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:53 am

Facing same problem...

1.Work permit stamp date: 7th Feb 2009
2. Switched to tier 1 on : 12th May 2009

Which one I need to write in Immigration history?

there is only one entry in application