ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

effect of an unspent conviction on tier 1 renewal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jarenee
Newly Registered

effect of an unspent conviction on tier 1 renewal

Post by jarenee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:10 pm

I am already in the United Kingdom under the highly skilled worker category and would like to extend my permission to stay within this existing category. At the time of renewal (end of 2011) I will be qualified with 80 points for my attributes, 10 points for my English language skills and 10 points for available maintenance funds. However, I will now also have an unspent conviction for a drink drive offence; does this mean that my application is likely to be unsuccessful?

user_name

Re: effect of an unspent conviction on tier 1 renewal

Post by user_name » Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi,

I have a traffic offense - driving with out insurance.

Please could you let me know if you have any further updates?

Have you applied for your renewal?

Many Thanks.
jarenee wrote:I am already in the United Kingdom under the highly skilled worker category and would like to extend my permission to stay within this existing category. At the time of renewal (end of 2011) I will be qualified with 80 points for my attributes, 10 points for my English language skills and 10 points for available maintenance funds. However, I will now also have an unspent conviction for a drink drive offence; does this mean that my application is likely to be unsuccessful?

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:53 am

Any Spent or Unspent convictions (Including Driving Offences/Speeding Ticket) should be stated during your visa extensions(Tier-1G-EXT), This will not affect your outcome of the application.

**However, For ILR - If you have more than two convictions in your consecutive 12 months before applying for ILR you may need to get legal advice before making the application**
If Not We, Then Who?

user_name

Post by user_name » Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

Thank you very much for your comments.

Do you know how long is the Spent Period for driving offenses, please?

Thanks again.
teddy0409 wrote:Any Spent or Unspent convictions (Including Driving Offences/Speeding Ticket) should be stated during your visa extensions(Tier-1G-EXT), This will not affect your outcome of the application.

**However, For ILR - If you have more than two convictions in your consecutive 12 months before applying for ILR you may need to get legal advice before making the application**

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Only a "conviction" can be considered spent or unspent, in context of the requirement.

Driving offence may or may not lead to a conviction. It is for you to determine if a driving offence you are accused of / have committed will lead to / has led to a "conviction". The link provided in my response to your query tells you how to ascertain that. So first check whether you indeed have a conviction!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Thu May 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Thank you very much sushdmehta!

I will check whether I have a conviction or not.