ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recourse to Public Fund?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Recourse to Public Fund?

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Being on Tier 1 General, I do not have recourse to public fund. If I intend to buy house on part buy part rent, will it be classed as using a public funds?

Ta,
x

yh37
Newly Registered

Re: Recourse to Public Fund?

Post by yh37 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Being on Tier 1 General, I do not have recourse to public fund. If I intend to buy house on part buy part rent, will it be classed as using a public funds?

Ta,
x
I don't think that will be classified as public fund.
please check this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... blicfunds/

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks yh37 - I have read through that list before sometime but HomeBuy Direct is a govt funded scheme to get an individual on property ladder. That is what baffles me. Anyways appreciate your time. x

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Thanks yh37 - I have read through that list before sometime but HomeBuy Direct is a govt funded scheme to get an individual on property ladder. That is what baffles me. Anyways appreciate your time. x
I don`t think because you will still pay your rent and you will own only part of the property, the other part will have gov body as owner

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:47 pm

raxs1983, so who exactly is renting you the part of the property you will not own? I suspect it is a Housing Association, in which case that is not within the definition of Public Funds.
John

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 am

Apologies, I overlooked this for long. It is going to be a private housing association (ie block of flats bought by private investor and they fund the rest 50% for which I have to pay them rent) hope that makes sense :) x
John wrote:raxs1983, so who exactly is renting you the part of the property you will not own? I suspect it is a Housing Association, in which case that is not within the definition of Public Funds.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:55 am

So unless you were introduced to this arrangement by the Local Housing Authority, part of your local Council, there is no problem for you.
John

tara55
BANNED

Post by tara55 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 pm

John wrote:So unless you were introduced to this arrangement by the Local Housing Authority, part of your local Council, there is no problem for you.
John,

I can understand and agree with you...

However, do you think it will raise further questions/enquiries and might delay application for ILR (or FLR) when you will tick we are renting from Housing Association?

I was checking FLR(O) and Set (O) forms; in both forms they have put 'renting from housing association and housing authority' under same tick box.

How would you prove, your contract is direct with housing association and not with housing authority?

I am asking this question as I own a shared ownership property and will apply for ILR next year. If you can assist how should I fill this section of from and what should I attach to prove my contract is directly with housing association.

Not sure if any one in this forum has ever applied for ILR (or FLR) while living in housing association property and what was the result.

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:46 pm

John wrote:So unless you were introduced to this arrangement by the Local Housing Authority, part of your local Council, there is no problem for you.
I know its off topic but just to be sure... did u get my pm John?

orion
Newly Registered

Public Funds

Post by orion » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi, i am British and my fiance came over he can't claim any public funds, we will get married soon, i have children from my previous marriage can i claim public funds HB I/S CTC for my self and children without telling authorities about my fiance details.