ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

durable relation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

durable relation

Post by toni34 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 pm

i have been with my eea partner for 23 months now but only started living with her for 15 months,we have a three weeks old baby together,how do i prove a durable relationship since i only have ducumentary proof of 14 months? am a non eu ilegal immmigrant.
NON EU national with RC

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 pm

There is not really a certain time period that you must have been together under EEA law although the UKBA may still try to apply a minimum of 2 years as a limit. Having A child together may actually help in this case.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:11 pm

thanks for reply,my partner has was working as a self employed child minder ,she paid all her national insurance and taxes for the last one year plus but in january she is going to a language school ,so am a bit confused what section of the treaty right will she exercise as a self employed or a student,?
NON EU national with RC

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:02 pm

toni34 wrote:thanks for reply,my partner has was working as a self employed child minder ,she paid all her national insurance and taxes for the last one year plus but in january she is going to a language school ,so am a bit confused what section of the treaty right will she exercise as a self employed or a student,?
If you apply now, she is exercising treaty rights as self-employed. If she plans to only study in January, she is exercising treaty rights as a student and will need comprehensive sickness cover for herself and any members of her family (ie: You and the baby). She will also need enough money to support the whole family while studying.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton