ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport office - experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K2004

UK Passport office - experience

Post by K2004 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:57 am

i had a bit of experience yesterday in the passport office, let it be a lesson to everyone... after going through security and all the checks, the passport staff cheked my application and then stopped when she realised that the countersignatory (my friend), didnt put his middle name as showed on his passport, and i have to rebook an appointment, luckily i convinced her to wait as he works just down the road, so on the exit door i gave him the application and he added his name quickly, so he didnt need to go through security and i didnt need to exit and enter again, when i came back to the same person(20 mins later), she said that he should have done the same for the photograph, (actulally we tried, but we didnt have a ballpen), but she said it was ok, and she asked me to go and pay,

as you all know how paranoid i am , i went back and checked the Online tracking to see the progress of my application, and the answer i got was :

"The application was recieved on DATE. It is awaiting to be with an examiner. This service can take at least 2-3 weeks"

2-3 weeks??? its one week guarantee.. so can anyone explain to me the worst case scenario? i have gone through hell, and arranged private cermony, just to gain 4 days in advance, and my ticket is booked (i know they say dont book it until you get the passport),, but really .. should i worry????? i am supposed to travel on the 25/th of Feb...

Many thanks

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:14 am

What did the Passport Adviceline say when you phoned them about it?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:21 am

If you paid for a 1 week turnaround and they accepted your application at the office then the 1 week guarantee holds and they will either have to turn it around by then or give you a refund.

K2004

Post by K2004 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:23 am

Ppron I have nt phoned them yet,

my question is do you think that when they do the initial check and they say ok, they go and check again??? or they just go ahead and start producing the passport??

its my first expericne as a British, and i keep thinking of it like if i am dealing with IND home office... should i or should i not?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:43 pm

K2004 wrote:Ppron I have nt phoned them yet,

my question is do you think that when they do the initial check and they say ok, they go and check again??? or they just go ahead and start producing the passport??

its my first expericne as a British, and i keep thinking of it like if i am dealing with IND home office... should i or should i not?
I very much doubt that they would have taken the application in without being satisfied that they were going to issue a passport on the strength of it. They don't want, on a guaranteed service, to invite refunds/complaints/allegations of maladministration, do they?

c h i l l . . . . . .
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

basis

Post by basis » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Similar thing happenned with me - not with signature - some other minor issue. And they raised the issue and finally after taking some corrective actions they accepted the application. I was also wondering whether my passport will come in time or not etc.

But it came in time. And I had called the helpline and those guys said that if there was any further unresolved issue that needed clarification then they would not have accepted the application at the counter itself.

So I am sure the op wuld be ok.