ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ielts result

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nazreen12

ielts result

Post by nazreen12 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 pm

hi

Could someone tell me what is the minimum requirement to pass ielts so that a private school will accept to take for a course.My husband did it on saturday it was really really hard.im just worried now coz all of this things is taking into consideration b4 isuing the cas number.

quadophile
Newly Registered

Ielts

Post by quadophile » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 am

Hi,

It depends on the institue in which he is going to apply for course.usually university and colleges requirements are between 5.5 to 6.5.

Quad

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01 pm

IELTS itself does not have any pass or fail criteria.

They just evaluate your English language skills and give you a band. Band scores used for each language sub-skill, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.

The band scale will be '0' if you did not attempt the test and if you attempt the test band scale will be from '1' (Weak User) to '9' (Expert User).

Now its depends on the policy of particular college/immigration authority which band they want ( from 1 to 9) to the course/visa you applied for.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

chinagef

Re: ielts result

Post by chinagef » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 pm

nazreen12 wrote:hi

Could someone tell me what is the minimum requirement to pass ielts so that a private school will accept to take for a course.My husband did it on saturday it was really really hard.im just worried now coz all of this things is taking into consideration b4 isuing the cas number.
If I remember correctly, the minimum score you must achieve for IELTS is 4.0. Please check the latest list of acceptable english language awards on the UKBA website.