ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from abroad - monthly limit

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janedoe
Newly Registered

Applying from abroad - monthly limit

Post by janedoe » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:41 am

I submitted my documents to the British Embassy in Tehran on 17th November. Since there is no ambassador in Tehran the documents are sent to Abu Dhabi for processing. I was meant to go to the embassy this Tuesday (14th Dec) to get my passport back but they sent me an email on the 9th to say that the December limit has been reached and my application is yet to be decided. They said they would let me know of the final decision on my application but they haven't yet. I mean they are not issuing any more visas but they are still processing the applications. I was hoping they would let me know by now of the result.
Do you think there is any hope for me to get my visa (if successful) in January?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 am

janedoe wrote:I submitted my documents to the British Embassy in Tehran on 17th November. Since there is no ambassador in Tehran the documents are sent to Abu Dhabi for processing. I was meant to go to the embassy this Tuesday (14th Dec) to get my passport back but they sent me an email on the 9th to say that the December limit has been reached and my application is yet to be decided. They said they would let me know of the final decision on my application but they haven't yet. I mean they are not issuing any more visas but they are still processing the applications. I was hoping they would let me know by now of the result.
Do you think there is any hope for me to get my visa (if successful) in January?
They do not stop processing the VISAs even after the limit for a particular month has been reached, I would think. But they would not tell you the result if it has been successful because they can not be sure of issuing the VISA to you the next month - what if the backlog from the month before is significant and is likely to take up the whole of quota for the next month.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 am

Are Tier 1 (PSW) applications subject to the interim limit?

regards

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 am

To be honest when I was reading the announcements, it was quite unclear and I was hoping that the Post Study Work visas would not be subject to this. But why else would they send me the email?

This might be a stupid question but what is the difference between Tier 1 General and Tier 1 post study?

I'm actually going to the embassy tomorrow to see what's happening so it would be very helpful to know.

Many Thanks

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 am

Okay I know the difference between them now!
In the email they specifically say that there is a limit on Tier 1 (General). This is ridiculous. They have been messing me around for months now...
They've said in the email: do not contact us because that is only going to prolong the process. I don't know what to do.