ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa in Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taiwanluthiers
Newly Registered

student visa in Germany

Post by taiwanluthiers » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 am

Hi

I know you can get a student visa in any country if you were accepted for study at any university, but I wonder what about vocational trainings for trades such as Culinary schools, vocational schools, or other schools that trains you for a certain job or trade and provides a license/certificate for that job at the end of that program? Or are things like student visa pretty much a university only thing? If you can get a student visa for those training can the person get work after the training without going through the Federal employment agency like university students after graduating?

michael30
Newly Registered

Post by michael30 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 am

Hi tainwanluthiers,
I think it depends on the circumstances whether you'll get the chance to find work after the training. The federal employment agency is a good contact point for questions and requests like that.
Wish me luck by the results of the green card lottery.
M.K.

ChilliS
Newly Registered

Post by ChilliS » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello, your profile name is "taiwanluthiers", so are you from Taiwan? if so, why don't you make an appointment at the German Office in Taipei?

http://www.taipei.diplo.de/Vertretung/t ... seite.html

I'm sure they can help you with your question and you can be sure they speak good English or even Chinese. I fyou contatc the federal employment agency, I'm not sure if the people who work there can all speak English ;)