ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Scene Starting January 2011

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhruv

Job Scene Starting January 2011

Post by dhruv » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Guys

I am in India and have got my Tier 1. it starts in Jan end. I have been hearing a lot from recruiters that Jobs will start pouring in starting Mid Jan.

What do you guys think? Does it make sense?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 am

That's what they are hoping for. Generally market comes alive in mid-January after X-mas lull, however 2011 is a unique year where we have a VAT rise + massive public sector cuts (quite a lot of which have to be done sooner than later). So **** knows :wink:

kenfrapin

Re: Job Scene Starting January 2011

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 am

dhruv wrote:Hi Guys
hearing a lot from recruiters that Jobs will start pouring in starting Mid Jan.
Uhh....not exactly really. Late Jan and Feb are probably BETTER months to try for jobs than late Nov or Dec....its only relative and as already said, there are huge public sector job cuts on it way which does not bode well overall

KP

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Public sector jobs are different from private sector jobs.

Though it may have some impact, but overall I think it should be positive as people would spend less and you can expect prices for rental homes and other services to come down!
Thanks,
Sumit.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:58 pm

neosumit wrote:Public sector jobs are different from private sector jobs.

Though it may have some impact, but overall I think it should be positive as people would spend less and you can expect prices for rental homes and other services to come down!
Neo, what you are not picturing is all those jobless people from lost Public Sector jobs will hunt for jobs in the private sector so it DOES make a difference, and though there may be more jobs on offer, the hiring pool will increase by folds once the public sector job cuts are implemented.

And rentals have been on the rise since a year and will increase further thanks to the banks making it impossible for first time buyers to get decent houses - Net result is many youngsters and young couples opting for rented places so no way will rentals come down in the near future.

KP

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Wrong on both counts...
neosumit wrote:Public sector jobs are different from private sector jobs.
The majority of public sector jobs is identical or very similar to private sector ones.
neosumit wrote:people would spend less and you can expect prices for rental homes and other services to come down!
Rents will only grow in the future as more and more people cannot get mortgages and have to rent.