ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit-Being Off sick Urgent Question pls answer!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Estera
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit-Being Off sick Urgent Question pls answer!

Post by Estera » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Pls I really need advice on urgent matter I will be appreciated for any help

Basically my husband will soon apply for eea family permit from GH I'm EEA in UK since 2006 I was working all the time since july 2010 I got suffered from some depression and breakdown so basically I'm getting Statutory Sick Pay and still formally employed that expires end of January

My question is would be that problem for him to get visa if im on statory sick pay?

I also receive child tax credit work tax credit and housing benefit as Im a main career for my 12 year old brother as my parents both died, We have sufficent accomodation before I went off sick I worked 32 hours in a private day nursery with permanent contract Im planning to go back in the begining of january

But could be eea family permit be refused as Im currently on statutory sick pay or not? If he gonna apply now? Should I explain in sponsor letter why I went of statutory sick and Im back to work as I recovered from my ilness?

many thanks

mcovet
BANNED

Re: EEA Family permit-Being Off sick Urgent Question pls ans

Post by mcovet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm

No, as you are still in employment. SSP, Holidays and other "days off" do not mean you are not employed. Also, do not rush back into work because of this concern, take as much time (and more if you can :) as you need! YOU ARE A WORKER/EMPLOYED until resign yourself or are "sacked" and even then, if you are not working and register as unemployed AND keep looking for work you are STILL classified as a WORKER! Your husband would be applying and should be getting an EEA FP with EASE.

Do not worry about the benefits either, as a worker you are Entitled to them!

Go ahead and apply ASAP, to get your hubby by Xmas :D

Estera wrote:Pls I really need advice on urgent matter I will be appreciated for any help

Basically my husband will soon apply for eea family permit from GH I'm EEA in UK since 2006 I was working all the time since july 2010 I got suffered from some depression and breakdown so basically I'm getting Statutory Sick Pay and still formally employed that expires end of January

My question is would be that problem for him to get visa if im on statory sick pay?

I also receive child tax credit work tax credit and housing benefit as Im a main career for my 12 year old brother as my parents both died, We have sufficent accomodation before I went off sick I worked 32 hours in a private day nursery with permanent contract Im planning to go back in the begining of january

But could be eea family permit be refused as Im currently on statutory sick pay or not? If he gonna apply now? Should I explain in sponsor letter why I went of statutory sick and Im back to work as I recovered from my ilness?

many thanks