ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it already too late to apply for Tier-1 General?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mm11

Is it already too late to apply for Tier-1 General?

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:08 am

Dear forum members,

I plan to apply for Tier-1 General around the time between 21 to 30 Dec. Is it worth to apply or would it be too late to apply considering that there are limited number of Tier-1 visas left to be issued?

Many thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:27 am

There is no indication yet that the entire quote has been reached and it will be difficult to say whether or not you will be assessed.

There are people here who applied at the end of November and got their visas within days and there are people who applied in October who are still waiting. So it's difficult to say and it would depend on the visa office, the immigration officer, the quality of your application and just how far they are in reaching their quota.

Judging by the activity on here, there seem to be more people interested in getting their visas, but all we know is that December's limit was reached.

Here's some more info:

October's limit was reached on the 20th.
November's limit was reached on the 10th.
December's limit was announced on the 7th, however, speculation was rife that it was reached before it opened. I haven't seen anyone who applied in December and got their visas in the same month.

mm11

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 am

Well I am one of those unfortunate ones who applied early and are still waiting. I am an Indian who'd been working in Europe, so I applied from the UK embassy in that European country in starting of November. But my application saw the monthly limit reached two times, that is, in Nov as well as Dec. I left my job and so my permission to stay in Europe was expiring so I got the UK embassy there to temporarily return me the passport so that I could return to India.

Now, one option I have is to request that Uk embassy to try to see if it is possible to transfer my file to India. I am not even sure whether this is possible & it can be that even if possible, it'd be a complicated & lengthy process which might lag me so bad that I might never get the visa.

The other option is that I withdraw my existing application that I made in Europe, and re-apply in India. But its important to know whether any sense is left in applying now or not. If I apply in India, my application might have an additional disadvantage that my bank statements & earnings are from Europe, so if a verification would be done, it might take time.

Any advice?

Thanks.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:34 am

Don't you think that you are better off staying the in the queue as you applied in Nov.

I assume that you should get the Visa either in Jan or Feb considering you would be amongst the 'forwards' in the long queue.

Also since you haven't got the passport back, it implies that the Visa application has not been rejected and/or some checks are happening on your application.
Thanks,
Sumit.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Where is your passport now? As long as you have your passport with you, your application is on hold (I might be wrong on this though, but they cannot issue a visa if they don't have the passport...).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:13 pm

In which country did you initially apply? When you requested for return of passport, were you specifically told that your application will be put on hold / processed as usual?

And if you had only asked for your passport back, where are the documentary evidence(s) that you submitted with the Tier 1 application earlier?

regards