ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative review question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

=LET=
Newly Registered

Administrative review question

Post by =LET= » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:59 am

Dear forum members,

I applied for Tier 1 recently and was refused for insufficient number of points. I believe that they made an error in calculation of previous earnings. ECO calculated my points based upon net salary after tax. Tier 1 guidance document says that points for salaried employees will bi calculated based upon gross salary before tax.

Do you think I have a chance in administrative review?

Where should I send mu appeal, to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal or Visa application centre?

neosumit

Re: Administrative review question

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:30 am

=LET= wrote:Dear forum members,

I applied for Tier 1 recently and was refused for insufficient number of points. I believe that they made an error in calculation of previous earnings. ECO calculated my points based upon net salary after tax. Tier 1 guidance document says that points for salaried employees will bi calculated based upon gross salary before tax.

Do you think I have a chance in administrative review?

Where should I send mu appeal, to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal or Visa application centre?
Yes, you have a 100% chance if you qualify using the Gross salary.

You would have received a letter mentioning where you can send the application for the administrative review.
Thanks,
Sumit.

=LET=
Newly Registered

Post by =LET= » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 am

I qualify with gross salary.

I should have received request notice with address on it, when I received GV51 (refusal), but I haven't.
That is why I'm asking.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 am

Just be very careful that they didn't deduct something else which is not allowed to be included in your earnings which might make it look like they used your net earnings, but they in fact deducted some amount which is not allowed to be claimed.

=LET=
Newly Registered

Post by =LET= » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 pm

I did the calculation myself, with net amount I got the same result as ECO.
I will lodge the appeal, what do I have to loose they already rejected my application. The only issue is the address.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm

An appeal is different from administrative review.

Administrative review is carried out by local BHC(s). Check with local VAC / BHC to enquire about the address where AR request must be sent.

regards

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 pm

It's peculiar....

ECO might have ignored some payslips on technical grounds. review everything including refusal letter carefully.

Secondly, based on my experience, Tribunal appeal is better option than AR.