ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only 1 question about the form AN - Proof of Identity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukac
Newly Registered

Only 1 question about the form AN - Proof of Identity

Post by ukac » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 am

Dear All,

I have one question about the proof of identity section on form AN.
I do have my passports available which I will send with my application form, however on the last page of application form it states under section 1.

"" *If you used one of these documents when you took life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosingit with your naturalisation application""

And I used my driving license when I took Life in the UK test, my driving license is with DVLA now for change of address.

DO I NEED THE DRIVING LICENSE, as per above??

It sounds strange that they will need it as I am sending my passports, I am only asking because I have nationality check appointment in 3 days and license still hasn't come back from DVLA.

I will appreciate comments.

Thanks,
UKac

wp_to_tier1_168

Re: Only 1 question about the form AN - Proof of Identity

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

ukac wrote:Dear All,

I have one question about the proof of identity section on form AN.
I do have my passports available which I will send with my application form, however on the last page of application form it states under section 1.

"" *If you used one of these documents when you took life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosingit with your naturalisation application""

And I used my driving license when I took Life in the UK test, my driving license is with DVLA now for change of address.

DO I NEED THE DRIVING LICENSE, as per above??

It sounds strange that they will need it as I am sending my passports, I am only asking because I have nationality check appointment in 3 days and license still hasn't come back from DVLA.

I will appreciate comments.

Thanks,
UKac
Yes, you would need to enclose your driving license. I had similar circumstances and I was asked to do so when I submitted my application via NCS.